Author Topic: Wanted: Shikuwasa in CA  (Read 820 times)

Carus

• Los Angeles, CA USA
    • View Profile
Wanted: Shikuwasa in CA
« on: May 19, 2023, 03:45:54 PM »
Hey everyone, nice to e-meet you. I’m coming to you from Los Angeles where I recently (almost a year ago now) bought a house. Over the past year, my fiancée and I have been doing some vegetable/ herb gardening with good results and we are now looking to expand by introducing a couple fruit trees to the mix. When it comes to citrus specifically, I badly want to grow a Shikuwasa tree as I am of Okinawan decent. I spent many summers and a few winters there while growing up and the flavor of Shikuwasa is something that is very nostalgic. Anyway, after making about a dozen calls to local nurseries I’m finding a means of acquiring one of these plants difficult to say the least (especially with CA's citrus laws). Anyway, if anyone here has Shikuwasa or knows where I might be able find one within CA I would appreciate any insight.

PDXIan

• USA, Portland, Oregon, 8a
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Shikuwasa in CA
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 06:48:08 PM »
It's on CCPP list to be released soon. Then you can order budwood.

pagnr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 10:15:37 PM »
It's on CCPP list to be released soon. Then you can order budwood.

For someone not familiar with budding / grafting Citrus, does that mean trees will be available for purchase from registered sources soon after the budwood release ??

Carus

• Los Angeles, CA USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 10:36:57 PM »
Really!? That would be amazing; the last list I looked at didnt include it.  Any idea when the new list will be released?

PDXIan

• USA, Portland, Oregon, 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 02:10:11 PM »
i saw it on one of their email updates. It means that budwood will be available in the new year or two. If you don't want to graft it yourself, then you would need to talk to a grower who would get budwood and graft it for you. I would imaging that 4 winds would sell them when it becomes available.

haru

• Los Angeles, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 06:17:06 PM »
where can i see that list whats coming out soon.. what else is coming from ccpp

petersonxc825

• CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 12:33:46 PM »
Any news on the ccpp status? I don’t see it on their list still. How do I sign up for email updates from them?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk