Author Topic: Where to get Indian mangos around LA?  (Read 1485 times)

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Where to get Indian mangos around LA?
« on: November 02, 2018, 04:37:24 AM »
I'm in Los Angeles passing by and wondering if someone knows the name of Stores selling Indian mangos, hopefully there's some in season...
El verde es vida!

NewGen

• Zone 10a, Central Valley, CA, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get Indian mangos around LA?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 03:01:38 PM »
You can drive to the city of Artesia, and check out the markets on Pioneer Bl. Lots of Indian stores there.
Good luck,
Trung

wslau

• La Palma, CA, USA, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:31:05 PM »
There are unfortunately no Indian mangos in season in CA stores.  The season of imported Indian mangos is April-May timeframe.  The only mangos the Artesia stores may carry in November are imported Ataulfos (probably from South America).
Warren

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 11:45:46 AM »
Thanks for your answers, hope you are doing well, I'm in Sherman Oaks, after being in Disney Anaheim, I'm leaving tomorrow morning, I suspected it was too late for Indian mangos but at least I was able to get frozen durian Monthong and Musan King at Hawaii supermarket at San Gabriel, they said to have fresh from time to time, that was ok to calm my cravings, I'm doing Borneo next month
El verde es vida!

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 01:45:42 PM »
Thanks for your answers, hope you are doing well, I'm in Sherman Oaks, after being in Disney Anaheim, I'm leaving tomorrow morning, I suspected it was too late for Indian mangos but at least I was able to get frozen durian Monthong and Musan King at Hawaii supermarket at San Gabriel, they said to have fresh from time to time, that was ok to calm my cravings, I'm doing Borneo next month

you may find asian and mexican mangoes at 99 Ranch markets, and mexican stores, they still have mangoes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk