Author Topic: Best choice for a strong piney/turpentine flavored mango?  (Read 7572 times)

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Best choice for a strong piney/turpentine flavored mango?
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2020, 08:09:48 PM »
The question is like asking for papaya with extra nasturtium taint,extra sour passionfruit,durian with extra rotten onion taste or star fruit with extra oleic acid.Why not just take standard mango and add a few drops of hydrocarbon? I dont get the turpentine thing in American mangoes and in fact neither does south east Asia or Australia.

Lol love the descriptions!! Papaya definitely has that Nasturtium black pepper taste to it, especially the seeds.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2020, 09:38:55 PM »
The resinous taste of the mango its actually poison and concentrated more near the peel.
I like it but ive read somme people are alergic to it because its same toxin as found in a deadly poisonous fruit related to mango( suicide apple?) just in much less quantity.
Look into mango toxicity to find out more about this.
EDIT: mango peel contains urushiol like poison ivy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:41:56 PM by SeaWalnut »

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2020, 10:08:51 PM »
The resinous taste of the mango its actually poison and concentrated more near the peel.
I like it but ive read somme people are alergic to it because its same toxin as found in a deadly poisonous fruit related to mango( suicide apple?) just in much less quantity.
Look into mango toxicity to find out more about this.
EDIT: mango peel contains urushiol like poison ivy.

Yes, no secret that mango is in the same family as poison ivy.  Its the sap from the tree, stem and skin that causes the problems to those who are allergic to poison ivy.

Despite, your post and lack of knowledge/understading, some varieties have the resinous component in the flesh, not necessarily the skin.  It would be best to post from knowledge and facts than to google something and post it to try and give yourself credit.

I am still wondering why you have not been credited for the prevention and/or cure of caronavirus...oh, wait, I know, cause its absolute bullshit.

- Rob

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2020, 05:26:12 AM »
Of course there are mango with resinous taste in the flesh ,but what i said its the resinous taste its most concentrated near the fruit skin.
If you eat a resinuous taste mango,closer to the peel its a lot more resinous .
I know because its my favourite part of a mango.
There are also mango without noticeable resinous taste of the skin but i ussualy dont like those .

As for coronavirus,thats bullshit,dont trust me on it  ;D .
You probably dont deserve to eat the pollen from the bees.
Better have more bees than trolls and ignorant fellow humans.
Nobody forced you to read what i said about coronavirus and  in future do not read such crappy posts.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 08:02:22 PM by SeaWalnut »

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2020, 07:54:21 PM »
Other mangos with the Turpentine and Haden-type piney flavors include Ryan and Cushman.
Har

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk