Author Topic: Hard to find trees wish list  (Read 3554 times)

Frog Valley Farm

• Messages have been disabled here
    • View Profile
Hard to find trees wish list
« on: November 03, 2017, 06:14:33 AM »
🗯
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:14:56 PM by Frog Valley Farm »

Frog Valley Farm

• View Profile
Re: Hard to find trees wish list
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:20:38 PM »
🗯
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:13:49 PM by Frog Valley Farm »

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:19:22 PM »
You can get a dream annona from Wayne Clifton.  I think he does a few of the big Florida plant sales, so you can catch him there or set up a time to go by his house and pick one up.  I picked up two small dream trees from him this Spring.

Tropical Farmer

• Tropical Farmer
    • 11B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 05:08:00 PM »
Hi,

I recently started a tropical fruit farm as well and find that I have similar issues as you.

I thought that atemoyas would have been easy to find but that has not been the case at all.

I can't seem to find a supplier in Florida that exports.

Jo

Frog Valley Farm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:50:34 AM »
🗯
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:13:16 PM by Frog Valley Farm »

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 08:41:33 AM »
If i can get some budwood in March i hope to graft a few Dream.
My died in the hurricane.

John Travis

• Winter Park FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:52 AM »
Might want to try going to the big fruit tree sales. I know manatee county rare fruit council has brings out a lot of interesting stuff. http://www.mrfc.org/p/fruit-tree-sale.html

There are a few people in FL growing atemoya but usually don't graft/ sell scions until Feb/march. I have a couple of grafted dream trees. I got seedlings and budwood from Flying fox fruits. I know he has a few other varieties of annona and might be selling scions in the spring. There are a hand full of other growers in south FL who are growing interesting Atemoya. Best of luck, if you really get hard up you can have scions shipped from CA.
John

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
Might want to try going to the big fruit tree sales. I know manatee county rare fruit council has brings out a lot of interesting stuff. http://www.mrfc.org/p/fruit-tree-sale.html

There are a few people in FL growing atemoya but usually don't graft/ sell scions until Feb/march. I have a couple of grafted dream trees. I got seedlings and budwood from Flying fox fruits. I know he has a few other varieties of annona and might be selling scions in the spring. There are a hand full of other growers in south FL who are growing interesting Atemoya. Best of luck, if you really get hard up you can have scions shipped from CA.

Adam at Flying Fox doesn't let people come by anymore.  He doesn't seem to be responding to emails either, but he still does the Manatee Council fruit tree sale.  I hear it's nuts trying to buy anything there.  I've heard you have to be there when the doors open and it's a complete madhouse.  Also trees there are marked up to pay for the venue.

Frog Valley Farm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 05:36:15 AM »
🗯
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:12:34 PM by Frog Valley Farm »

Tropical Farmer

• Tropical Farmer
    • 11B
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »
I am located in the Cayman Islands.
Jo

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 11:32:16 AM »
those are both super rare and hard to find , your best bet for A. Salzmanni probably being Scion. I think Mike T had seeds to share of Russels Sweet awhile back but those seedlings would be young still and he holds the key to that Gardenia. as you probably read on that thread. "As there are so few fruiting trees it would be good to have them secured in a few different places.There won't be enough seeds for everyone who wants them."
Thankfully Mike T. is a fruit warrior and is helping spread this around for as many as possible to enjoy.
Ive got quite a bit of Dream scion available come March, I'd be happy to trade then.

I always have a hard time finding Green Sapote seeds and the Florida Nursery Tree's i see are grafted on Mamey which is a deal breaker for my location.

FruitFreak

• USA, FL, Naples, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:41 PM »
With a little effort I can find all the attemoyas I want.  We do have over 100 attemoya trees in four varieties.   As for attemoyas I’m pretty much just obsessed with Raul’s Elite Attemoya at the moment.   Sugar Apples we are currently only into the firm fleshed varieties.  I’ve gone to most of the fruit tree sales.  I prefer to plant more than ten trees each variety. 

The problem is the two trees I’m looking for got no mention.  Ain’t anyone got seeds?
Annona Salzmanii
Russell’s Sweet Garcinia

Anyone else has anything they can’t find?

What’s up with this elite atemoya? Do you have a spare grafted tree?
- Marley

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 01:31:18 AM »
With a little effort I can find all the attemoyas I want.  We do have over 100 attemoya trees in four varieties.   As for attemoyas I’m pretty much just obsessed with Raul’s Elite Attemoya at the moment.   Sugar Apples we are currently only into the firm fleshed varieties.  I’ve gone to most of the fruit tree sales.  I prefer to plant more than ten trees each variety. 

The problem is the two trees I’m looking for got no mention.  Ain’t anyone got seeds?
Annona Salzmanii
Russell’s Sweet Garcinia

Anyone else has anything they can’t find?

What’s up with this elite atemoya? Do you have a spare grafted tree?

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=22225.msg298838#msg298838
I have never heard of grafted trees available. I got seeds earlier in the year and I have 2 seedlings,
I hope they grow true from seed?

Frog Valley Farm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 05:03:57 AM »
🗯
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:11:18 PM by Frog Valley Farm »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk