Author Topic: Need help accumulating a list of all of the good Jaboticaba Cauliflora varieties  (Read 1293 times)

NickTheNZgrower

• New Zealand, 9b
    • View Profile
Hey guys

I'm from New Zealand and Jaboticaba Cauliflora is the only Jaboticaba species (except yellow) that we can legally import.

I'm trying to gather a list of all of the good rare or common varieties of Cauliflora or cauliflora hybrids that are worth growing.

I already have Grimal, red hybrid and sabara and I know of the following other kinds:

Escarlate
Acu paulista
Wavy leaf Acu paulista
Paulista
Otto Anderson
Novak
De pulpa rosea

Can anyone add to this list please?

Thanks so much.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Anyone?  Anyone?  No jaboticaba experts that care to comment?
John

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
Most of the other jaboticaba varieties that come to mind are phitranthas. The original poster should know that Otto Andersen selected about a dozen varieties of jaboticaba, not all of which are caulifloras. Açu paulista is an Otto Andersen cauliflora variety.

johnnym33315

• US, Florida, Ocala, 9a
    • View Profile

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
Hi Nick, try this:
https://books.apple.com/us/book/fruits-in-brazil/id144350727

Also:
http://www.frutasraras.com/

Good luck!

I know they did not print an English language version for the new edition of Fruits in Brazil, but is there any way to get the English language eBook that does not involve Apple Books?

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Swap escarlette with red hybrid. M.jaboticaba like Var. sabara is very similar and perhaps should not be a separate species.

joehewitt

• Hilo, Hawaii
    • View Profile
Many Jaboticaba collectors can barely tell the various species apart so there is no way the NZ authorities will be able to distinguish them. Just write Plinia cauliflora on the label.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk