Author Topic: Super sweet mango  (Read 782 times)

Z070305

• Singapore
    • View Profile
Super sweet mango
« on: January 15, 2020, 03:32:37 AM »

This wild mango has a brix index of 25! It is the highest I have come across in all the mango varieties. I enjoy sourcing for wild mangoes and have gathered varieties similar to R2E2, Harmanis etc. For the sweet ones, they have an index of around 14 to 16, so you can imagine how unusually sweet this mango is.

The tree looks at old, at least 15 years I would say, and eqch season it produces not more than 10 fruits. The mangoes are oblong in shape, with an appearance that resembles the rainbow mango. But the flesh is pale yellow, and firm unlike that variety. Would appreciate anyone with info on this variety. Thank you!

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: Super sweet mango
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 08:35:09 AM »
I don't get it.  You said it's a wild mango.  Therefore how can you be asking for "info on this variety?"
John

Z070305

• Singapore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 11:28:12 AM »
I don't get it.  You said it's a wild mango.  Therefore how can you be asking for "info on this variety?"

Sorry I have limited experience in this area. What I meant was the mangoes are wild, but I wonder if there could be a possibility of someone discarded the seed and the seed being polyembbronic. So it may resemble some variety that you know of. If not, it would be a new variety.

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 11:46:28 AM »
kook lom krong    Thai mango

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk