Author Topic: Ordering mangoes online is a maddening experience!  (Read 998 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Ordering mangoes online is a maddening experience!
« on: July 10, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »
 I live 3 hour drive from mango Central in South Florida so I only order mango when I'm going down to pick up a mango tree variety that is not available up here. With dumb luck I got lucky in the beginning of June around 6:30 at night and got a mixed bag and a drop bag but since then no such luck. I have tried with two different vendors that are fairly close to each other.One i was told started at 4 p.m. after being up before day light working all day at 3:58 pm hit my refresh button every minute till 7 pm at night until my eyeballs fell out and I passed out. Today I took off from work because Saturday tomorrow  I'm going to two different vendors to pick up 15 gallon fruit punch and a 7 gallon dwarf Hawaiian. Waking up at 7:00 am hitting my refresh button till about 10:30 when I got a phone call from a buddy to pick up a live trap or squirrel condominium in the back of his truck. I was gone no more than 30 minutes and while i was gone that I wanted ice cream plus others were completely sold out. So other than posting on this forum and playing with the grandbaby  I have not been productive yet no mangoes. To make it even more maddening a squirrel keeps going in front of my window showing me his backside and waving his tail. So what I am hoping for is a red tail hawk to snatch the squirrel and for me to get lucky before dark and score some mangoes :)

At 2:43 pm had a mix bag of mango in the queue put in all my info and hit purchase and was give message that quantity not available! I only asked for quantity #1
 >:(

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 08:00:35 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering mangoes online is a maddening experience!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 04:04:48 PM »
I love your post brother LOL!! I'm gonna pm you!

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »
Pm sent

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 07:54:21 PM »
A 12-hour day and this is what I scored Three Pounds of organically grown Sapodilla for pickup

Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 08:09:59 PM »
A 12-hour day and this is what I scored Three Pounds of organically grown Sapodilla for pickup

"Organically grown???   Hahahahahaha
- Rob