Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Red Spanish Pineapple Plants  (Read 323 times)

Evildeadguy

• Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Red Spanish Pineapple Plants
« on: September 17, 2017, 02:15:08 PM »
Here are a few Photos of my Red Spanish pineapple plants getting huge i cant wait till they fruit
should happen in the next few months. I don't plan to force them to flower

Pineapples:(Red Spanish)( Queen Victoria)(Natal Queen)(Cheese Pine)(Kaua'i Sugarloaf)(McGregor)(Pernambuco)

(Jimmy)

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Red Spanish Pineapple Plants
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 03:41:28 PM »
Those things look like they're about ready to fruit already. Beautiful healthy looking plants, keep us updated.

Simon

Evildeadguy

• Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 04:00:21 PM »
Those things look like they're about ready to fruit already. Beautiful healthy looking plants, keep us updated.

Simon

Thanks can you believe that's about 8 maybe 9 months of growth and there not even a year old yet
Pineapples:(Red Spanish)( Queen Victoria)(Natal Queen)(Cheese Pine)(Kaua'i Sugarloaf)(McGregor)(Pernambuco)

(Jimmy)

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 09:08:26 PM »
Put me down first on the list when you have Red Spanish and Cheese Pine pups to sell/trade.

Evildeadguy

• Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
Put me down first on the list when you have Red Spanish and Cheese Pine pups to sell/trade.

Okay sounds good. I'll let ya know when i have some to sell.... Cheese Pine is getting pretty big to
I'm sure it might fruit around winter time too but we shell see i will take a photo of the plant soon
i only have one plant of cheese pine so not sure how many slips or suckers it will grow

(Jimmy)

Evildeadguy

• Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 08:21:45 PM »
There is a guy on ebay that's selling Red Spanish offsets if anyone is interested here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pineapple-Red-Spanish-offset-plant-collector-variety-/263094938283?hash=item3d41ae2aab:g:incAAOSwXcRZblwv 

(Jimmy)

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
There is a guy on ebay that's selling Red Spanish offsets if anyone is interested here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pineapple-Red-Spanish-offset-plant-collector-variety-/263094938283?hash=item3d41ae2aab:g:incAAOSwXcRZblwv

Looks like I got the last one.

What kind of soil and fertilizer are you using on those things?  They're huge!

Evildeadguy

• Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 08:54:24 PM »

Looks like I got the last one.

What kind of soil and fertilizer are you using on those things?  They're huge!

I use Pro-Mix potting soil. and i start my pineapple plants off with a slow release like Osmocote for the root system than once a month i use Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Azalea, Camellia, Rhododendron Plant Food for acid loving plants works great little gose's along ways

my white sugarloaf are getting huge too Thanks to Jude from hawaii for giving me the tip on using Miracle-GroŽ Water Soluble Azalea, Camellia, Rhododendron Plant Food for acid loving plants.... she said the bigger the plant the bigger the pineapple will get so far she is right about the plants getting huge

if you want more later down the road and once i get some offsets to offer forsale i will keep everyone updated
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:56:43 PM by Evildeadguy »

(Jimmy)

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers