Author Topic: Now Is The Time For Second Application of Low Biuret Urea Foliar Spray  (Read 1991 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Summer applications of low biuret urea is designed to increase fruit size. The time of application is important.  The treatment is designed to extend the cell division stage of fruit development to achieve an increase in fruit size. The period of the second application is between approximately June 11 and July26. Low biuret urea is most effective when applied between July 1 and July 26. Applications of low biuret urea that are too early (May & June) as was the first low biuret spray, increase fruit retention and not effective in increasing fruit size. The rate of application for the summer spray is 1/4-lb. of low biuret urea per gallon. Best to spray either early in the morning or later in the evening to reduce evaporation.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 12:51:39 PM by Millet »

Yorgos

• USA, Houston, Texas USDA zone 9a
    • View Profile
Thanks! Good stuff.
Near NRG Stadium, Houston Texas. USDA zone 9a

Samu

• North Tustin, So. California, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Will prepare the mix and spray tomorrow,
thanks for your kind reminder, Millet!
Wondering..., while the fruits are sizing up,
should I step up the watering too?
Sam

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Millet,
Can you please put all your citrus knowledge in a book?  That way, I can carry it out to my greenhouse, and not have to drag my iPad out there and search for the correct topic on the Forum.

I have a good digital SLR camera - I would volunteer to shoot the pictures for the book, in exchange for a first edition copy... :) :) :)

Carolyn

Yorgos

• USA, Houston, Texas USDA zone 9a
    • View Profile
Millet, I found that I needed to double the amount of surfactant from your recommendation of 1 teaspoon per gallon.  Seems like the solution beaded up on the leaves more than I liked until I went to 2 teaspoons per gallon of the Tween-20 product. Would this impact the plants ability to absorb the nutrient?
Near NRG Stadium, Houston Texas. USDA zone 9a

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Yorgos,  2 tsp. will not be a problem a all.  Thanks or the heads up.

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
Millet,
Can you please put all your citrus knowledge in a book?  That way, I can carry it out to my greenhouse, and not have to drag my iPad out there and search for the correct topic on the Forum.

I have a good digital SLR camera - I would volunteer to shoot the pictures for the book, in exchange for a first edition copy... :) :) :)

Carolyn

Daintree, I couldn’t agree with you more ! Great idea ! Several of us think Millet is a national treasure !!!
Tom