Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172848 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Amazing news! jaboticabas keep coming from Misiones (1300 km from Junin), subtropical climate. This species was harvested 20 years ago at the San Pedro forest, then selected and growed at Eldorado, Misiones by INTA engeneer, national institute of agricultural technology. 2.5cm sweet fruits with a remarkable petiole, fruits by spring, summer, fall.

On stock by Oct 16, shipping by oct 21 or so. You can make a reservation now.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Jaboticaba INTA San Pedro is here! This time better than last year! Super sweet juicy fruits, deep flavour, I think this is better than sabara and red hybrid!

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Jaboticaba INTA San Pedro is here! This time better than last year! Super sweet juicy fruits, deep flavour, I think this is better than sabara and red hybrid!

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/bwtr3WpJ/MEJOR17a2de69-b695-450e-bbc7-b9a7203bd0ad.jpg[img]

How long to fruit?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/bwtr3WpJ/MEJOR17a2de69-b695-450e-bbc7-b9a7203bd0ad.jpg[img]

How long to fruit?

10 years or so.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
situation in North Mediterranean backyard
« Reply #607 on: October 14, 2020, 08:49:40 AM »
Hi! Thanks for updating your spreadsheet with available plants and seeds. For you in Junin it is early springtime now, while for Europe it is early autumn, so i cannot plant seeds from now until the spring of 2021 (unless if the seeds need cold stratification, then it is good to sow in winter and wait them to germinate in spring).
The other fact is that i have very little space for planting, so i can only grow small trees that produce rather big fruit (my best options now are Graviola de montana and Yacaratia. I abandon the plan for pacuri).
Will you send me some seeds to recompense the damage of the 5 pacuri seeds during delayed transport? If you do so, then i shall make a new order for 5 seeds (in March, not now) and then you send me the 5 compensatory seeds in the same envelope, so i pay for 5 seeds and shipment and get the 5 seeds plus another 5 complimentary (compensatory) seeds from you. Do you agree?
Also, if you can send any scions overseas, please include them in your spreadsheet together with your seeds (when the quarantine is over, i wish to buy also some scions from you, if that is practicable for the situation). Thank you.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

How long to fruit?

10 to 12 years.

VRY GOOD NEWS!

EMS shipping to USA is taking just 7 days!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: situation in North Mediterranean backyard
« Reply #609 on: October 14, 2020, 04:58:04 PM »
Hi! Thanks for updating your spreadsheet with available plants and seeds. For you in Junin it is early springtime now, while for Europe it is early autumn, so i cannot plant seeds from now until the spring of 2021 (unless if the seeds need cold stratification, then it is good to sow in winter and wait them to germinate in spring).
The other fact is that i have very little space for planting, so i can only grow small trees that produce rather big fruit (my best options now are Graviola de montana and Yacaratia. I abandon the plan for pacuri).
Will you send me some seeds to recompense the damage of the 5 pacuri seeds during delayed transport? If you do so, then i shall make a new order for 5 seeds (in March, not now) and then you send me the 5 compensatory seeds in the same envelope, so i pay for 5 seeds and shipment and get the 5 seeds plus another 5 complimentary (compensatory) seeds from you. Do you agree?
Also, if you can send any scions overseas, please include them in your spreadsheet together with your seeds (when the quarantine is over, i wish to buy also some scions from you, if that is practicable for the situation). Thank you.

Yes

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Measuring º Brix of Jaboticaba INTA San Pedro and Guaporetí: it looks nice!

Sabara use to be 11 to 17.9º Brix,
https://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0100-29452003000300009

In other studies, 14,9
https://www.alanrevista.org/ediciones/2008/4/art-15/

So we are talking about very nice sweet species here.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, all "pandemic peak" from april or so shippings are arriving to USA, for instance this one looks out of the system, but arrived

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RR626495457AR

joe_OC

• Huntington Beach, CA
    • View Profile
My order has cleared customs and is on it's way to me.   ;D

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I will receive more Jaboticaba INTA San Pedro and more Guaporetí, maybe black pitanga from Misiones and a new species: Cocu, Allophylus edulis

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
A big surprise from Oberá, Misiones, a new wild Jaboticaba, coming soon! (7 days)

Stock: 600 seeds aprox., maximum sale per customer: 150 seeds.

See:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

More black cerella and new black pitanga small coming from Oberá.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
America, EMS fast shipping cost:
up to 100 gr USD 22,82
up to 250 gr USD 35,12
up to 500 gr USD 36,79
up to 1000gr USD 48,39
up to 1500gr USD 60,32
up to 2000gr USD 72,90

Europe, EMS fast shipping cost:
up to 100 gr USD 27,70
up to 250 gr USD 42,94
up to 500 gr USD 48,39
up to 1000gr USD 70,70
up to 1500gr USD 77,05
up to 2000gr USD 85,70

Rest of the world, EMS fast shipping cost:
up to 100 gr USD 32,70
up to 250 gr USD 50,70
up to 500 gr USD 60,30
up to 1000gr USD 70,51
up to 1500gr USD 87,69
up to 2000gr USD 94,23

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Great photos and many interesting species. Do you have favourites and which of the rarer ones of good quality do you think could become popular?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Great photos and many interesting species. Do you have favourites and which of the rarer ones of good quality do you think could become popular?

Hi, talking about jaboticabas?

Any of them can become popular because its taste, but Campo Ramon fruits faster.

I like them all, maybe all in the same level, but specially the San Pedro one was very good this season.

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile

Hi, talking about jaboticabas?

Any of them can become popular because its taste, but Campo Ramon fruits faster.

I like them all, maybe all in the same level, but specially the San Pedro one was very good this season.

Hey man hope all is well. Out of ALL the fruit you sell what is your favorite?
Nate

JamesFarwell

• Farwell Fruit Farm, Fort Myers, FL, USDA zone 10a
    • Fort Myers, FL (zone 10a)
    • View Profile
Oberá jaboticaba leaves:

Is there any reason to think this is not Plinia Jaboticaba "Sabara"?  It looks like Sabara to me based on the leaves.
James Farwell
Farwell Fruit Farm
Fort Myers, FL

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile

Happy to say my order arrived from Marcos today, sent 10/2

We had a bit of trouble with the whole covid thing but Marcos was a consummate professional through it all and handles things fabulously

All the seeds were in good order, the Campo Ramon Jaboticaba seeds has sprouted on the way as well

Thanks for the extras!