Author Topic: Annona disease ID?  (Read 1898 times)

New_Jungle

• USA, Hi,Hilo, 12b
    • View Profile
Annona disease ID?
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »
Hi I was wondering if anyone here can help me ID this condition. It seems to only be affecting my annona seedlings. So far has hit my purple sugar apples, cherimoya, atemoya and Rollinia seedlings. Starts off as yellow lines on the leaves which turn black. Eventually the leaf crumpled up, dissecates, and falls off. Thank you guys again!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:33:08 AM by New_Jungle »
The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time to plant one is now.
Follow me on Instagram: newjunglehawaii

JonM

• Los Baņos, Laguna, Philippines 14.1°N
    • View Profile
Re: Annona disease ID?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:57:33 AM »
Likely a virus

jako9403

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 02:08:22 PM »
Argh, that sucks! My best guess is that it could be: Cylindrocladium leaf spot disease. There are multiple types of this disease.

New_Jungle

• USA, Hi,Hilo, 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 02:25:48 AM »
Argh, that sucks! My best guess is that it could be: Cylindrocladium leaf spot disease. There are multiple types of this disease.
Likely a virus

Aw shucks I kinda had a feeling from the way it was spreading... any tips on treatment or I guess it might be containment at this point. Still have some seedlings unaffected.
The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time to plant one is now.

jako9403

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 11:38:57 AM »
Fungicide would definitely work and letting soild dry out is also key to keep it from spreading.

FMfruitforest

• Tropical Fruit
    • USA, FL,zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 06:23:30 PM »
I had a similar issue with my sugar apple seedlings when they first popped up. I found it was a very tiny black  worm/caterpillar chewing lines in the leaves. Your problem looks nearly the same and I would be it is a insect eating the leaf.

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 06:52:55 PM »
Yes, it is a leaf miner.

Try an Azadirachtin-cpntaining product, on the leaves and drenched into the soil.  If there is still a live larva there, the Azadirachtin will prevent the larva from molting.
Won't fix any damage already done.
Har

New_Jungle

• USA, Hi,Hilo, 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 02:05:02 PM »
I had a similar issue with my sugar apple seedlings when they first popped up. I found it was a very tiny black  worm/caterpillar chewing lines in the leaves. Your problem looks nearly the same and I would be it is a insect eating the leaf.
Yes, it is a leaf miner.

Try an Azadirachtin-cpntaining product, on the leaves and drenched into the soil.  If there is still a live larva there, the Azadirachtin will prevent the larva from molting.
Won't fix any damage already done.
Fungicide would definitely work and letting soild dry out is also key to keep it from spreading.

Thanks to everyone for all the responses. I will implement all the advice and hopefully save some of the seedlings. I will let you guys know how it went! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk