Author Topic: Flying Dragon seeds - planning to order  (Read 2952 times)

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
Flying Dragon seeds - planning to order
« on: October 05, 2016, 09:01:50 PM »
Hi! I've put in a request for some flying dragon seeds certified disease free from Auscitrus - current minimum order is 1kg - which is about 4000-5000 seeds!!!

If anyone within Oz needs some and can wait until November (when my order will be sent to me) please send me a PM - so I will remember to ask for prepaid Auspost envelopes by then). I only need to sow about approx 200-500 seeds for rootstock (including buffer for seeds that might not grow or turn out to be runty seedlings not fit for rootstock).

I will also do a bit of research regarding interstate shipping of seeds from a private individual versus Auscitrus direct as my permit might only be good for NT or worst case for my personal use only.

I'm not too fond of holding onto seed (long term storage) esp citrus so if you're within Oz and would like the extra seeds let me know.
Diggin in dirt and shifting compost - gardeners crossfit regime :)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Flying Dragon seeds - planning to order
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »
When you plant your Flying Dragon seed be sure to plant plenty of them.  Only about 50 - 60 percent of the seed come true, and will have true  dwarfing properties.  True seedlings have curled thorns, twisted stems and smaller leaves than the non nucellar seedlings. - Millet

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »
Thanks Millet - I actually was going to need less than 60 plants for rootstock and was planning to use the rest as a living barbed wire fence but I was told I can't do that - use citrus and related genera as a living fence in NT - the state has a quite a few citrus farms and they are just being careful about the spread of disease.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:45:12 PM by DimplesLee »
Diggin in dirt and shifting compost - gardeners crossfit regime :)

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 11:07:06 PM »
I wonder if I'm allowed to use FD as barbed fencing here in California. I really like the twisted growth.