Author Topic: Foliar Micro-nutrients  (Read 900 times)

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
Foliar Micro-nutrients
« on: May 16, 2021, 07:08:33 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good foliar fertiliser for micro nutrients and trace elements preferably in Australia?  Im already using powerfeed and seasol for foliar but i dont believe either of these are for micros.

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Foliar Micro-nutrients
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 08:51:12 PM »
Hopefully Alex from Tropical Acres Farm will comment here.  He mentioned in a YouTube video he was using an organic program to give his trees micronutrients and I'm very interested in what he is using.

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 01:41:56 AM »
Anyone ever use any of the kristalon fertilizer variants for foliar feed. I have the green one which is labeled as both foliar and root zone fert, it is with main and micro elements, dunno if its found in Australia though.

Also I have some homemade fish emulsion "ripening" right now , last year I sprayed most of my plants with this and remembered I had some strange things happen to my cherimoya's leaves. Maybe I made it too strong??
Anyone using homemade fish emulsion as a foliar ?? Gone tropo , sorry if I am hijacking the tread, just didn't want to make a new tread for a similar type questions .
Wish u all a nice day !!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:46:19 AM by Plantinyum »

LycheeLust

• I need the seedless lychee
    • Los Angeles, 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 04:57:09 AM »
Anyone ever use any of the kristalon fertilizer variants for foliar feed. I have the green one which is labeled as both foliar and root zone fert, it is with main and micro elements, dunno if its found in Australia though.

Also I have some homemade fish emulsion "ripening" right now , last year I sprayed most of my plants with this and remembered I had some strange things happen to my cherimoya's leaves. Maybe I made it too strong??
Anyone using homemade fish emulsion as a foliar ?? Gone tropo , sorry if I am hijacking the tread, just didn't want to make a new tread for a similar type questions .
Wish u all a nice day !!
How much fish per gallon?

LycheeLust

• I need the seedless lychee
    • Los Angeles, 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 05:01:12 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good foliar fertiliser for micro nutrients and trace elements preferably in Australia?  Im already using powerfeed and seasol for foliar but i dont believe either of these are for micros.

What micronutrient are you missing? I use fish and kelp foliar which has most macro and micronutrients

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 04:00:58 PM »

What micronutrient are you missing? I use fish and kelp foliar which has most macro and micronutrients

All of them i think, the powerfeed only has npk % doesn’t mention micros and the Seasol is a kelp based spray

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 12:21:59 AM »

Wish u all a nice day !!
How much fish per gallon?
i'm making it in a 10 liter water bottle and I put the waste of around 10 fish ( everything that is not eatable). I also put in there several clumps of algae from my ponds.
I have the same stuff that is a leftover from past summer that has a nearly black color .