Author Topic: Bioflora 6-6-5 vs Gro-Power Avacado & Citrus  (Read 2068 times)

jtnguyen333

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Bioflora 6-6-5 vs Gro-Power Avacado & Citrus
« on: April 16, 2019, 06:12:46 PM »
I'm deciding between these two fertilizers for my garden.  Anyone has any experience with these two?

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Bioflora 6-6-5 vs Gro-Power Avacado & Citrus
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 11:03:10 AM »
I use gro power, it has all the micro nutrients avocados need.  Never seen the other one.  For your first bag of fert maybe go with dr earth or happy frog type organic fert with mycorhize inoculant.
Brad Spaugh

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 12:04:13 PM »
Here is my 5 year old Mantequillita.  Used cottonmeal, bioflora and lots of mulch to get it going. With this formula you’ll get the most microbes and nutrients you’ll need. Now almost 30’ and it’s one of the best West Indian hybrid avocado in the USA compares to Reed.

alangr088

• Los Angeles, Zone 10B Sunset 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 12:39:43 PM »
I’ve used both. I can’t tell the difference. I feel like Bioflora has gotta have something in there that’s good because my dogs love Bioflora...little bastards love to eat it. So I keep buying Bioflora.

adhawk76

• USA, California, San Diego, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:16:45 PM »
I just bought a bag of Bioflora 6-6-5.  Haven't used it yet, but I know JF recommends it, and I really trust him.  The only place I could find it in San Diego was up in San Marcos, called Nutrien Ag Solutions(formerly Crop Production Services).  If you find it somewhere farther south, let me know.  I live in Clairemont.

jtnguyen333

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 11:23:45 AM »
I just bought a bag of Bioflora 6-6-5.  Haven't used it yet, but I know JF recommends it, and I really trust him.  The only place I could find it in San Diego was up in San Marcos, called Nutrien Ag Solutions(formerly Crop Production Services).  If you find it somewhere farther south, let me know.  I live in Clairemont.

I am planning to drive up there to get it.  I lived near Mission Valley so it's a long drive.  I called Ewing Irrigation to see if they can order it, they said they don't carry that brand.

-James

adhawk76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 12:16:11 PM »
It was $27.50 for a 50lb bag.  I think that's a good price.  But yeah, the drive sucks.

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 12:54:36 PM »
Can you get it in crop production in Anaheim? Oh they change the name here is link.
https://www.nutrienagsolutions.com/

I will be doing a cottonmeal  group order middle of May. I need to get 40 bags sold to bring down price.

adhawk76

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »
No, I live in San Diego.  Not the Claremont in L.A.
I would get a bag of cottonmeal, but I don't think you would want to ship to San Diego.  What nutrients does cottonmeal supply?

Bananaizme

• USA , California,Visalia, sunset zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 05:53:05 PM »
  Has anyone used bioflora on lychee trees ?

William

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 01:57:24 PM »
I’ve used both. I can’t tell the difference. I feel like Bioflora has gotta have something in there that’s good because my dogs love Bioflora...little bastards love to eat it. So I keep buying Bioflora.
Haha, the mice in my area loves to eat it too. I might be the feather meal that makes it smell like chicken. I don't know if I want to sprinkle it on top of the soil like you're supposed to. Maybe it's the animal droppings that's fertilizing the trees.