Author Topic: Pineapple disease?  (Read 1290 times)

Tjpeterson96

• Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Pineapple disease?
« on: December 17, 2018, 01:09:38 PM »
I've been trying to identify and treat this condition on a few of my pineapples to no avail. I initially thought it was leaf spot so I sprayed with neem oil and cut off all the infected areas but seeming new areas keep appearing every few days and I'd hate to cut all the leaves off my biggest plant. Any advice?

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Pineapple disease?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:29:32 PM »
It looks pretty good to me they are pretty tough plants and can take some cosmetic damage.

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 08:48:01 PM »
That could be the result of insect damage but it is very minor.. at this point I wouldn’t worry about it.  Better not to cut foliage in this case.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 11:58:25 AM »
That could be the result of insect damage but it is very minor.. at this point I wouldn’t worry about it.  Better not to cut foliage in this case.

I agree. Please stop cutting the foliage. Don't expect your plants to always look perfect. No need to always spray and treat for every little blemish. Just wait and see what happens until you can accurately diagnose the issue.

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
That looks like a heck of a lot of fertilizer too.
-Kris

Evildeadguy

• Polk County, FL, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 04:02:44 PM »
the plants look fine to me.... but you should stop cutting them back cause it will stunt there growth rate down pineapple plants need all there leaves to be able to feed and to form a big pineapple. and remember some pineapple plants Can't take the cold and might take some damage during winter time or even kill the plant

i grow different variety of pineapple plants some handle the cold better than others 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:06:44 PM by Evildeadguy »
Pineapples i Grow: Natal Queen