Author Topic: Mangosteen some big fruits, but we have bigger  (Read 10010 times)

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
Re: Mangosteen some big fruits, but we have bigger
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 03:40:01 AM »

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 05:31:06 AM »
not so young hehhehehe  42 kilometers run hehhehehehehehhehe, but still mental young boy heheheheh

42? Young for sure! I´ll be in 51 in six months.  ;D
Dou you bought those mangostens at Varejão da Vila Sonia? Sadly, every box that I buy there, has at least one or two fruits in bad conditions... >:(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:34:57 AM by Cassio »

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 09:17:49 PM »
Cassio , Thanks

Just to clear, about the package of Domnik :

1- He bought seeds Theobroma grandiflorum (Cupuaçu), the faster recalcitrant seeds I know
2- I sent to him fresh fruit, not seeds, something very prohibited in Brazil, cupuaçu fruit is very fast to rot
3- I warned the buyer that fruit will not arrive in good condition, even with the warning the buyer wanted the fruits
4- When the buyer bought in 2014, he bought atraves de um intermediario
5- In 2015 the buyer take my direct contact, and he explain the problem, and I only request the shipping costs, nothing else , to resend the fruits , but again I warn the fruits will not arrive in good condition

I sent seeds Theobroma grandiflorum for several person, all know, this seeds are the highly recalcitrant, by the way, all seeds of the Theobroma family are highly recalcitrant

PLEASE, SEE THE MURAHILIN, OSCAR AND DRUSS COMMENTS :
http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=14123.msg228972#new

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 09:21:56 PM »
not so young hehhehehe  42 kilometers run hehhehehehehehhehe, but still mental young boy heheheheh

42? Young for sure! I´ll be in 51 in six months.  ;D
Dou you bought those mangostens at Varejão da Vila Sonia? Sadly, every box that I buy there, has at least one or two fruits in bad conditions... >:(

Hi Cassio,

I bought directly in Ceagesp, this big fruits are from Bahia,
In Brazil we have two states with big Mangosteen cultive, Bahia and Pará
The better fruits are from Bahia, I dont know why the fruits from Para is not so good, and have several seeds in a fruit, I think Para are too hot and very humid, or the fruit take a long time to arrive in SP

jacobchalissery

• India, Karnataka, Mangalore, Tropical
    • View Profile
    • Mangosteenmaniac
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 07:36:47 AM »
In S. India Purple Mangosteen fruits from the plains normally are smaller averaging 100 grams or even 70 grams. But fruits from elevations above 1500 feet we get bigger fruits 300 grams are common there are reported fruits of 400 to 500 grams, average fruit size is greater than 150 grams.
About fruit quality, we are trying new techniques like spraying the trees with" Regalis plus" Prohexadione Calcium when the fruits reach full maturity with fantastic results, this is in addition to using calcium sulphate and other calcium additions as spreads around the root area. It should be noted that these trees develop very long roots reaching out to nutrients and moisture.
We have also found that free standing trees without shade develop sun-scorched fruits, We have started using Refined Kaolin sprays 50 grams to a liter of water with fantastic results.
WE have had seedling plants kept in the nursery for 3 years and transplanted into the field fruiting within one and half years of transplanting on to field, and it is normal for plants to  fruit within two and half years of transplanting on to field. What we have understood is that plants need loose soil and need under-story micro sprinkler irrigation (not drip) to ensure fast growth and early flowering.
We have under cultivation in our farm over 10,000 trees

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »
I have eaten plenty of mangosteen locally and in SE Asia and have weighed the biggest ones routinely.The standard variety which is 99.9% of those in plantations averages about 100g and reaches 200g very rarely.Maybe one every few thousand fruit and I have never seen one at 220g.The big Borneo pointed tip,more acidic and less seeded types get bigger.They are more like 160g average and max out at 260g.Masta might be in between.When I hear of 300g fruit I think wow,how rare would that be?When I hear about anything bigger I think.......nuh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk