Author Topic: French translator required  (Read 763 times)

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
French translator required
« on: June 01, 2020, 12:01:47 AM »
If there is anyone fluent in French who would like to volunteer a little translation, I am interested to know the characteristics of Eugenia michelii as described here: https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/page/721638#page/210/mode/1up It is number 27. Pretty much just interested to know what the fruit are like, and how to differentiate from E. uniflora.

Update: Thanks to the person who PM'd me a transcription, which I was able to use in Google Translate. It reads "The fruit is a globose berry, slightly torose or with rounded sides, red in its maturity, crowned by the calyx, and which contains, under a soft flesh, slightly acerbic and refreshing. a globular and monosperm nucleus."

It seems to be the same as E. uniflora. The name is invalid, even though it may show as valid in some databases.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:17:28 AM by Mango Stein »
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Re: French translator required
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 10:42:09 AM »
While there might be problems with the more technical words, I have had great luck running articles, paragraph by paragraph, through Google Translate.  https://translate.google.com

Good luck!

Carolyn

shinzo

• High Density Urban Cultivator
    • Tunis (Tunisia) - 10 b
    • View Profile
Re: French translator required
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 05:08:14 PM »
You don't have to translate paragraphe by paragraphe, you Can simply copy the link of the original website in the left case of Google translator (as if you want to translate thé link), then click on "translated" link that appears in the right case. Thé website should appears in the translated language.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk