Author Topic: Applying minor nutrient soil drench  (Read 2108 times)

PurpleAlligator

• USA, Miami, FL, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
Applying minor nutrient soil drench
« on: February 28, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
I bought the minor nutrient mix sold by Pine Island Nursery (manganese, sulfate, chelated iron) and I'm applying it to my recently planted trees, 3 to 5 feet tall and planted from July '14 to October '14 (I'm not treating the ones planted in the last 4 months).  The label says to mix at 1 tbsp. per gallon, but doesn't indicate how many gallons to apply.  I've started applying at 1/2 gallon per tree.  I guess I should have asked here before starting.  Is that about right?  I'm applying it to Mango and Jakfruit.  Would it be good to apply to banana, avocado, and Jabo also?

Thanks,

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Applying minor nutrient soil drench
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 07:49:34 AM »

Hi Purple, I would contact Pine Island Nursery and ask them how much they recommend you apply per tree, that way you will get it straight from the right source since they sell it. They are very helpful... 

Wish I lived closer I would love to purchase some...I've never seen anything close to that in my area locally...

Good luck!

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »
Does it have a brand name on the bag/container?
- Rob

PurpleAlligator

• USA, Miami, FL, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 10:58:11 AM »
Does it have a brand name on the bag/container?

No, they just repack it into sandwich size zip lock bags. 

I put it on about 20 of 60 trees recently planted, it rained after and they all look fine.

Thanks pugluver, I'll follow your advice I guess.  I was hoping someone here had experience with this or similar soil drench aplicaTony of minors.  I'm trying to follow a similar program as Patrick using slow release npk, foliar sprays and drenches.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
Caution with Patrick's ways, his trees now have a radioactive warning posted near them.  I can see yhe at night from my house.

The amount of drench should be fine.  I would be curious as to the manufacturer of the fertilizer.   Call and ask Eric.
- Rob

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves - Redland, Florida
  • Marabu Groves
    • USA, Miami-Dade, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »
I use that stuff, I put a 5 tbsp per 5 gallon bucket and apply that to 1 mature tree or 1 small tree that is struggling.

It doesnt burn unless you get it on the leaves. But I only apply it when Im fertilizing that and something looks yellow.

Bsbullie, I asked eric once, he mixes it there, I think is sequestrene, mixed with two other things.

- David Antonio Garcia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk