Author Topic: incan peanut seeds for sale/trade  (Read 3300 times)

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
incan peanut seeds for sale/trade
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »
aloha
got some fresh homegrown incan peanut seeds (plukenetia volubilis).
willing to trade for other rarities. 15 seeds or so.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
Re: incan peanut seeds for sale/trade
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 05:32:04 AM »
Seeds are doing well. Thanks

Sanddollarmoon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 07:50:30 AM »
Seeds are coming up, thanks again, Micah!

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 08:22:01 PM »
micah, i still await your reply to my PM buddy.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 04:59:23 AM »
Incan peanuts doing well in 100 litre pot, together with one maracuja seedling.
(btw: when I put this sentence to google translator to check spelling, translator suggested to change word maracuja to marijuana  :o / strange world we live in)

jmc96

• Wallarah, NSW, Australia, Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 06:48:36 AM »
All germinating here in Australia in an artificially heated poly house (first month of winter) They will be well advanced when the time comes to planting them out.
Is there any cultivation notes on the web? Been looking around but nothing to do with min tolerable temps and such. I see they are a beautiful tall 2m+ climbing vine but that's about all I could find.
Can they be eaten raw? conflicting sites advise yes and no. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 12:05:24 PM »
Incan peanuts doing well in 100 litre pot, together with one maracuja seedling.
(btw: when I put this sentence to google translator to check spelling, translator suggested to change word maracuja to marijuana  :o / strange world we live in)

When I moved pot indoor for winter, plants started decline, only one survived. Now, after four years it blooms.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 04:49:51 AM »
Man is too busy. Tried to link before and wanted to charge me like a tourist for farm tour because time is too precious, though I bet it moves like Molasses in the valley. Then my friend tell’s me he got the royal treatment because friend of friends. Understandable , but I a no barney , I like using my time wisely , and we all learn from each other. When I host I just make sure the person is cool first or just cut it short if your not feeling it when they get there. People have their various hustles of course. I wouldnt doubt if someone but a bamboo pole roadblock at the bottom of the road and charged to enter. Hey, I don’t like tourist or selfie sticks either. What can you say. Micah , big ups , hope it’s all growing well for you.

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 09:00:53 AM »
Man is too busy. Tried to link before and wanted to charge me like a tourist for farm tour because time is too precious, though I bet it moves like Molasses in the valley. Then my friend tell’s me he got the royal treatment because friend of friends. Understandable , but I a no barney , I like using my time wisely , and we all learn from each other. When I host I just make sure the person is cool first or just cut it short if your not feeling it when they get there. People have their various hustles of course. I wouldnt doubt if someone but a bamboo pole roadblock at the bottom of the road and charged to enter. Hey, I don’t like tourist or selfie sticks either. What can you say. Micah , big ups , hope it’s all growing well for you.

Micah forgot his password to his original user name, his new one is "Fruitdork" - but I dont think he comes on here anymore, only rarely. would have better chances of getting in touch with him on facebook. and to be fair, hes got a lot going on, wife and kids, cpl properties to manage, a business etc.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »
Bush2Beach, are talking about Waipio? Everybody has bamboo poles, since most of valley is private property. Besides, real reason it has more to do with wild horses in the valley rather than humans or being unfriendly. Anyway welcome to my place anytime.  I'll give just about everybody royal treatment: )

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 12:16:34 AM »
Give thanks DurianLover! I’ll be doing some fruit runnings in the area the second week of January. I’ll send you a PM to coordinate.