Author Topic: Pataxte - Mocambo (Theobroma bicolor) 5 seeds for 15 USD  (Read 2689 times)

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
Pataxte - Mocambo (Theobroma bicolor) 5 seeds for 15 USD
« on: August 23, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »
Edit: New fresh fruits arrived on 6th of September, opening them up as orders arrive.

Nimfa’s favorite Theobroma: the Jaguar Cacao, Mocambo or Pataxte. It is also called White Cacao or White Chocolate tree as the seeds are white. After spending almost a year in Southeast Asia hunting the best fruits, we can tell you that this wild Cacao fruit feels like the American sister of Durian. Its soft and creamy, it has a custardy feeling to it. It is also fruity like a honeydew melon, sweet and filling. How comparable to Durian? We would put it on the same level with Durio kutejensis. The seeds are edible, good roasted and perfect material for special chocolates.

5 seeds for 15 USD

Order in our iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/seedpirates/id1282323268?mt=8
Order Online:
http://www.seedpirates.org/neworder

Available Seeds:
www.seedpirates.org
Instagram: seedpirates
http://seedpirates.org/fruits/theobroma-bicolor/pataxte
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:39:21 PM by zoli.seedpirates »

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
Re: Pataxte (Theobroma bicolor) 5 seeds for 15 USD
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 07:38:59 PM »
New fresh fruits arrived today.

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
Re: Pataxte - Mocambo (Theobroma bicolor) 5 seeds for 15 USD
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:47:07 AM »
Hi Zoli. Do you give any guarantee for the delivery of live seeds? or the risk is only on the buyer's side? Regards
Patience is a gardener's virtue

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »
Hi Zoli. Do you give any guarantee for the delivery of live seeds? or the risk is only on the buyer's side? Regards

I think there are too many variables for a seller to guarantee live seeds (Customs, lost mail, etc.) I bought
some Pataxte seeds from seedpirates last year and half of them germinated.
Michael

polux

• Slovakia, Nitra, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:54:40 PM »
I can highly recomend this seller. 3 days ago I received seeds of Criollo cacao and all of them were in very good condition, all germinated, perfectly cleaned and packed. I could not believe that cacao seeds can survive trip to Europe in such a good condition...

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 01:29:29 AM »
Thanks for an answer Michael and Polux, but it was question addressed to Zoli, because he is the seller. ;)

Different guarantee standards apply in different countries (and also for seeds). In most cases, the customer expects efficient products, however, sometimes the warranty details are detailed in the descriptions. I would like to obtain the official position of the seller.

Do you think that this type of information is extremely important for the buyer and should be in a professional offer?

I think there are too many variables for a seller to guarantee live seeds (Customs, lost mail, etc.)

The guarantee (regardless of product type) is standard in large sales websites (eg eBay) and wherever you use Paypal by paying for the product purchased in the company. Writing about the guarantee, I am not writing here about the loss of the parcel confiscated by customs officers, but about the parcel delivered to the customer in full (not affected).

I bought
some Pataxte seeds from seedpirates last year and half of them germinated.

Is this sprouted half still alive or has she died?

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 09:02:16 AM »
Still alive.
Michael

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 10:22:55 AM »
Zoli is the best. I have had the pleasure of spending some time with him in person and he does an excellent job. Recalcitrant seeds are tricky and he puts in the maximum effort on his end.
-Josh

zoli.seedpirates

• rare seeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 12:46:48 PM »
Thank you for the positive feedback cmichael258, polux, Vernmented. I put in so much effort into spreading these seeds and sometimes when a package is confiscated or cooked in transit or a buyer is not satisfied I get uncertain if its worth the effort. Than I get feedback from around the world that the seeds we sent are alive and loved and taken care of, and I realize that although its a hard and tricky job with a higher failure rate than what I can easily accept, the end result is a thousand times more important than the effort put in and the occasional failures.

Domnik, in one word the answer is: No.
When a buyer pays for the seeds he/she pays for my service. The buyer pays me for being on the location where the fruit is, buying or gathering the fruit, being perfectionist with my packaging, paying attention to logistics and keeping the seeds in the fruits, fresh for as long as possible before sending, sending the seeds in the post, and developing our website and apps to give the customers a good experience and reliability.
I respect the money I receive from our buyers, and do everything to honor the work my buyer put in to earn that money. When this respect is mutual and something goes wrong with the package, I offer some sort of redemption for the buyer (resend the seeds for half price, resend the seeds for postage cost only, or any other suitable way that is applicable for the situation and fits the seed availability etc.)

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 05:24:15 PM »

Domnik, in one word the answer is: No.

Zoli, thank you for clarifying the matter in the absence of a guarantee. Although the risk is only on the side of the buyer, I will try your seeds. Regards

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 10:27:29 PM »

Stumbled across a tree today and there was a fruit underneath it.It was too old to eat.