Author Topic: TDE 2 & TDE 4 - Best citrus this season?  (Read 1330 times)

coyote

• US, Wisconsin, Madison, Zone 5
    • View Profile
TDE 2 & TDE 4 - Best citrus this season?
« on: February 13, 2016, 01:04:19 PM »
Of the many different varieties of citrus I've had the chance to taste this season so far TDE 2 & 4 also known as Shasta Gold and Yosemite Gold are easily the best I've had.  Both the early picked fruit that had a more tangerine characteristic and the fully mature fruit have been packed with flavor that has contrasted starkly with the rest of the citrus I've had this season (which to be fair has still been fairly good).

I enjoyed them last season as well, but the Nagami kumquats, Satsumas and Moros amongst others where just as good last year. Now that the season is starting to wind down what were some of your favorites?

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
Re: TDE 2 & TDE 4 - Best citrus this season?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
I have to say my own Kishu was much better than anything I bought in a store. I also had some pretty good Satsumas but I've lost the name. I had different tasting Satsuma fruit on one tree and there was no graft of a different variety. I usually like the smaller fruit on the same tree. I had only 2 or 3 Xie Shan fruit this year and the tree is still young but look out in another year or two ! I bought some Cuties today at Fresh Market and they are the best I've bought this year. The Sumos this year are good and 'meaty' but not unbelievable so far. Tom