Author Topic: Brazilian Jabuticaba Liqueur  (Read 6117 times)

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
Brazilian Jabuticaba Liqueur
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:38:40 AM »
Ingredients:
1kg(2 lb) of jabuticaba fruit
1kg(2 lb) of white sugar
a bottle (600 ml) of good quality Aguardente made from sugarcane.

Preparation:
Wash the Jabuticaba and dry them thoroughly with a cloth. Mash them well with your hands or use a masher to mash them. Place in a glass container and stir in the aguardente.

cover the container and let stand for ten days without stirring. On the tenth day boil the sugar with a little water and make a thick syrup. Strain the Jabutica pulp and the aguardente. Add the syrup and aguardente in a bottle, Mix it well! The Jabuticaba Liqueur is best served very cold!

Enjoy ;D ;D ;D

@Oscar- is it similar to your Liqueur?
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Brazilian Jabuticaba Liqueur
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »
That is quite different. Mine did not require any boiling, but has to sit a lot longer. Here is the recipe i used:

Original recipe as i received it:
fill a 30 ltr drum with fruit  and cover with a solution of 6 kg sugar 6.5 ltr water 3 litres 100% ethanol

mistakes i made that you don't want to

if you end up with too little ethanol....it will go off

equally critical once product is ready (min 6 months better a year) decant into smaller bottles

if you start drawing off from barrel leaving air space the atmosphere  will over time change the quality to inferior

this is  a TD product =- TOTALLY DELICIOUS

served straight over vanilla ice cream OR straight over ice with a dash of lime

I did not want to make so much so reduced the original recipe by factor of about 30:
i'm doing two recipes at moment...1.5 litre bottles full of fruit topped with liquid of 2 kg honey 1.5 ltr water and then either 1.75 litre pure ethanol or 2 litres pure ethanol

each i.5 litre jar takes one litre fluid
Original recipe did not require smashing fruits, but i did it anyway in an hydraulic press before placing in the alcohol. I let it sit only 6 months and was totally delicious. Very unusual kind of smoky taste.

Oscar

Oscar

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilian Jabuticaba Liqueur
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:06:12 AM »
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:51:45 PM by Jackfruitwhisperer69 »
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!