Author Topic: A Sincere Thanks..  (Read 5045 times)

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
A Sincere Thanks..
« on: January 19, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »
I would like to extend a sincere thanks to everyone for joining and being so active in building this forum and making it into something really special.  Murahilin and I had spoke back and forth about creating this forum starting with a discussion in the elevator at HoJo's in Mayaguez PR in August of last year. Over the past few months we discussed different ways to best create a really enriched format, one that supports all types of media with a user friendly interface.  By using the basic platform SMF, we created a cost effective way to create this forum at no cost to the user.  The way I see it, murahilin's history of killing expensive plants far exceeds the cost of the forum.  We also purchased an additional domain name, www.internationaltropicalfruitgrowers.com to be used to create a type of one-stop source for tropical fruit enthusiasts to get opinion-free up to date information on the worlds tropical fruit "collection", with photos of leaves, tree habit, cross-sections of limbs to show cadmium layer structure, latin names, origins, pictures of the fruit, and so on.  Being that this is a very intensive list of information, we may ask members of the forum to contribute photos and manuscripts for review, editing, and final approval to be used on the database.  Any information you provide will be credited back to you, allowing everyone the chance to be part of this new website and historical venture!

Patrick/pj1881
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:46:50 PM by pj1881 »

lycheeluva

• Brooklyn, NY
  • obsessed with fruit growing, especially lychees
    • View Profile
Re: A Sincere Thanks..
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »
amazing forum and great idea for website.
I have tons of photos of lychee and mango trees in various states of flowering and fruiting. Do you want me to e-mail you pics to use for the website?

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »
This forum is awesome!
If you need pics of any fruit trees, let me know.  Hopefully, when the small fruits on my pace mamey trees mature, I'll take pictures of them on the branch and then sliced open on the kitchen counter, so you can add it to the pace mamey sapote variety category.  :)
Alexi

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
Thanks for the offers! We will be sure to take you up on them! Here is an example of what a submitted photo would look like on the website..

We would not descriminate on layout, Photoshop can extract a piece of fruit from a pretty crappy background, Noel is famous for great presentation.