Author Topic: True Value  (Read 1537 times)

bangkok

• View Profile
True Value
« on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:59 AM »
Today i found the shop TrueValue from the USA in Bangkok.
I bought a good gardenhose and spraryers with lifetime warranty on the hose and 10 years on the sprayers.

Does anybody have experience with this shop? Do they really give good warranty because the personell told me i have 30 days warranty only in Thailand. :o

If they write lifetime warranty or 10 years on the carton then i do not understand why i only get 30 days but it is so.

I have bad experience with american "quality brands" with 10 years warranty because of Calphalon nonstick pans. They did not give me any warranty at all when i claimed my pans lost the nonstick so now i m carefull and ask here before i buy more products.

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: True Value
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:49 AM »
True Value is a pretty good company here in the states but they may conduct their business abroad with different practices.  Most everything we buy here in the states comes from China and either gets assembled here and labeled "USA" or packaged and labeled the same.  The days of trusting the "USA" label are near gone.  Basically I follow a simple rule.. Good ain't cheap and cheap and good! (most the time of course!) and I do try to purchase things that are well manufactured by happy employees!

bangkok

• View Profile
Re: True Value
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »
Well i care for good, actually i want the best products only.

I compared the prices of Truevalue in USA and here and it costs 3.3 times more here so then i want good quality and warranty. I m tired of crappy garden-equipment and brought a lot of Gardena (That is a good brand in Europe) allready to Thailand. Now i have some things from TrueValue and will see if they are really good. I like the service that they can deliver American products on request which are not availlable at all here in Bangkok but i still dont know if they will send it to their Bangkok-shops, i asked them by email today.

Shops that promise long warranty should also deliver that or they are a shame for the country is what i think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk