Author Topic: What projects have you been saving for after the autumn Equinox  (Read 3055 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: What projects have you been saving for after the autumn Equinox
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2020, 01:25:57 PM »
hey Bovine,

-Clearing out outdoor space and dead plants from the summer harvest(mini)
-Planning if I wanted to buy more mango trees in the spring/summer
-testing out my proopigation heater mat on mango tree
Of course you're going to buy another mango tree you silly goose! That is so nice that you bought a electric blankey for your tree. I should get one for my soursop. :)
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 09:00:31 AM »
When its finally cool enough to go outside without drinking a liter of water every hour which it still isn't and due to an A-hole move on my neighbors part and putting up an unsightly fence which adds to my projects I have lots to do.

1. Clear saw palmetto patches in three different areas.
2. Bring in a butt load of mulch to put along the unsightly a-hole fence
3. Plant low growing trees along the fence line to try and block the view of it. Thinking bottlebrush, olive, loquats with some smaller bushes and such. if it was a privacy fence I would add blue berry and cool stuff like that but the 4 foot tall fence he is building isn't going to stop or deter deer.
4. Plant warm weather tolerant rhododendrons and azaleas around one of the oaks that currently has palm under it.
5. at least 5 trees need replacing
6. repair the irrigation system
7. Repair and improve the shooting range
8.  up pot many odds and ends

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 09:14:25 AM »
We're still waiting for something that might resemble autumn in SoFlo.  So far we've had an extension of summer rain only--it wont' freakin' stop!  Raining as I write this.  Maybe a few degrees cooler than August, but the deep humidity remains.
John

giorgosgr.

• Attika, Greece zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2020, 11:44:08 AM »
In 15-30 days i will take out 1 acre of olive trees (that produce nothing), add irrigation and prepare the soil for next spring. Already done soil analysis.
It is a nice slope with southern exposure and protection from the north.
I will add 80 citrus trees (all different varieties), several white sapote, cherimoya and pawpaw seedlings that i will graft in 2022 and longan, lychee and guava plants.
It will be the first "organised" planting of fruits trees other than grape vines and olive trees so i am really looking forward to it  ;D

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 08:30:04 PM »
In 15-30 days i will take out 1 acre of olive trees (that produce nothing), add irrigation and prepare the soil for next spring. Already done soil analysis.
I will add 80 citrus trees (all different varieties), several white sapote, cherimoya and pawpaw seedlings that i will graft in 2022 and longan, lychee and guava plants.
It will be the first "organised" planting of fruits trees other than grape vines and olive trees so i am really looking forward to it  ;D

That sounds like an awesome project. If we were under normal circumstances and I didn't think I would just be in your way. I would volunteer to come and help you. I like the sound of lychee guava and grapes. If you could find a protected area within your citrus to plant one mango tree that would be spectacular.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 08:32:56 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 08:33:04 PM »
Nothing...winter is depressing for me...maybe some greenhouse maintenance...winter is sad winter make me and my plants sad.
Greenhouse almost finished...

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 08:44:47 PM »
Nothing...winter is depressing for me...maybe some greenhouse maintenance...winter is sad winter make me and my plants sad.
Greenhouse almost finished...
I'm sure your plants will be quite pleased. Please remember to give us a virtual photo tour when you have completion. :)

giorgosgr.

• Attika, Greece zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2020, 12:55:28 AM »

That sounds like an awesome project. If we were under normal circumstances and I didn't think I would just be in your way. I would volunteer to come and help you. I like the sound of lychee guava and grapes. If you could find a protected area within your citrus to plant one mango tree that would be spectacular.

I could try one mango, but maybe a cost free seedling and if it survives i could graft it. I have a 2.5 acre land in Paros (Greek island in the Aegean sea) zone 11a and i have already planted some seedling mangoes last december that didnt even notice the winter. So mangoes, sapodilla, canistel are going to be planted there.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 05:56:56 AM »
Unfortunately I missed the local Spring equinox and so could carry out all those activities suited to when the earth passes the geometric center of the Sun's disk. I have to wait another 6 months and should be getting my list of summer solstice appropriate tasks ready for when that comes around in about 10 weeks time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk