Author Topic: Annona Scleroderma and Pentadiplandra Brazzeana  (Read 5628 times)

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
Annona Scleroderma and Pentadiplandra Brazzeana
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:38:30 AM »
Hi to all seeds addicts,

does anybody have for sale Annona Scleroderma and/or Pentadiplandra Brazzeana seeds for sale?

Does anybody tried Oublie fruit for sweetening something? Does it work better than Stevia (bad liquorice backtaste!) :o

thank you all in advance!

Giampaolo

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Re: Annona Scleroderma and Pentadiplandra Brazzeana
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 01:34:22 PM »
scions of scleroderma i have...(but not mature wood)

tried to plant Pentadiplandra brazzeana, but all seeds failed to germinate...this may be one of the most difficult species to obtain fresh seeds for.  I've never got seeds directly, but have heard how difficult it is to source from my friends.

Hi to all seeds addicts,

does anybody have for sale Annona Scleroderma and/or Pentadiplandra Brazzeana seeds for sale?

Does anybody tried Oublie fruit for sweetening something? Does it work better than Stevia (bad liquorice backtaste!) :o

Giampaolo
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 04:15:40 AM »
scions of scleroderma i have...(but not mature wood)

tried to plant Pentadiplandra brazzeana, but all seeds failed to germinate...this may be one of the most difficult species to obtain fresh seeds for.  I've never got seeds directly, but have heard how difficult it is to source from my friends.

Hi to all seeds addicts,

Giampaolo

Thank you Adam, but unfortunately is very difficult to import scions in Italy...

About Pentadiplandra Brazzeana, it worth to try again: it seems a great resource for alternative sugar, I'm very passionate about sweets and I know what it means having chance to taste more products at lower calories without jeopardizing the flavours.

I think it's time to ask help to all friends in Cameroon or in neighborhood.. ;)

Help!! ;D

cheers,

Giampaolo

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:50:52 AM »
Have scleroderma seeds for sale now. Check the seed page on my website.
Oscar

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 06:32:43 AM »

Thank you Oscar, I was looking your website today and I have seen this great chance and I would place an order but the international post price (49USD) seems very expensive for just few seeds: do you have cheaper alternatives?

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:44:55 AM »

Thank you Oscar, I was looking your website today and I have seen this great chance and I would place an order but the international post price (49USD) seems very expensive for just few seeds: do you have cheaper alternatives?

Are you looking at the right plant?
I see poshte at 18$ for 10 seeds

When it comes to rare seeds like this cheaper alternatives dont really exist and even where they do they are fake or get snapped up too fast.
Its supply and demand! With Oscar you will get the right species and the seeds will be fresh so you pay for that assurance. Its not a cheaper source if you get dead seeds!

That being said Im about as poor as they come if you ever find reputable seed sources(They are rare as gold!) share them with everyone here:)

My currency is at a 10 year low to the dollar so Im crying while all the good stuff is coming and going out of season:(
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 06:53:57 AM »

That is for express mail. You don't need express mail for these seeds as they keep for a long time. Regular air mail is fine and is a lot cheaper.
Oscar

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 07:02:12 AM »

Are you looking at the right plant?
I see poshte at 18$ for 10 seeds

When it comes to rare seeds like this cheaper alternatives dont really exist and even where they do they are fake or get snapped up too fast.
Its supply and demand! With Oscar you will get the right species and the seeds will be fresh so you pay for that assurance. Its not a cheaper source if you get dead seeds!

That being said Im about as poor as they come if you ever find reputable seed sources(They are rare as gold!) share them with everyone here:)

My currency is at a 10 year low to the dollar so Im crying while all the good stuff is coming and going out of season:(

Calm your horses Stuartdaly88! I was only meaning the parcel delivery costs!

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 07:04:17 AM »

That is for express mail. You don't need express mail for these seeds as they keep for a long time. Regular air mail is fine and is a lot cheaper.

GREAT news Oscar. I place immediately an order! Any suggestion about the caring for these seeds?

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 09:21:28 AM »

GREAT news Oscar. I place immediately an order! Any suggestion about the caring for these seeds?
. Seeds are very easy to germinate just like Squamosa, montana or Muricata.  Plant them in old age soil or an Italian shit meatball & they pop up with vigor.  Here are two of three year old seedlings grown from seeds bought from Oscar.  They exploded in the third year.  They love shade during juvenile phase.  Oscar poshte:

Here is Barnes's Poshte should flower this summer its fifth year. These guys make excellent windbreak for my cold sensitive marang & Tampoi.  They are large tree, love high organic soil but seem to thrive in my sandy soil with heavy tree debris at trunk & redneck ornaments.

. Hopefully these guys should taste good as advertised otherwise my Iado students will Kantana for practice.😃

The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 10:01:11 AM »

. Seeds are very easy to germinate just like Squamosa, montana or Muricata.  Plant them in old age soil or an Italian shit meatball & they pop up with vigor.  Here are two of three year old seedlings grown from seeds bought from Oscar.  They exploded in the third year.  They love shade during juvenile phase.  Oscar poshte:

Here is Barnes's Poshte should flower this summer its fifth year. These guys make excellent windbreak for my cold sensitive marang & Tampoi.  They are large tree, love high organic soil but seem to thrive in my sandy soil with heavy tree debris at trunk & redneck ornaments.

. Hopefully these guys should taste good as advertised otherwise my Iado students will Kantana for practice.

Great plants Coconut!

thanks for your helpful suggestions. Hope it will be easier to have posh-te seedlings now!

I'm focused on creating bonsai from any kind of good&rare annonacea I can find in the world. I started a woods composition with 3 Annona Muricata from seeds of an excellent quality fruit from Seychelles and Polinesia during taken during a trip. Now those trees have 15 year and they are amazing considering also I live in a cold winter region of Italy and I have no greenhouse! Just kept inhouse during the cold.

By the way: do you play kendo too?

cheers

Giampaolo

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »

. Hopefully these guys should taste good as advertised otherwise my Iado students will Kantana for practice.

Great plants Coconut!

thanks for your helpful suggestions. Hope it will be easier to have posh-te seedlings now!

I'm focused on creating bonsai from any kind of good&rare annonacea I can find in the world. I started a woods composition with 3 Annona Muricata from seeds of an excellent quality fruit from Seychelles and Polinesia during taken during a trip. Now those trees have 15 year and they are amazing considering also I live in a cold winter region of Italy and I have no greenhouse! Just kept inhouse during the cold.

cheers

Giampaolo
Wow!!
You Know ypu owe us pics now right?
15 year old bonsai annona is something I have to see!
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 10:52:08 AM »

Great plants Coconut!

cheers

Giampaolo
Wow!!
You Know ypu owe us pics now right?
15 year old bonsai annona is something I have to see!

Sure! Later when back at home I'll take some photos. Probably I'm the only one in Italy with this specie so old and in perfect shape...  just pruned last week.

I love tropical fruit bonsai, I don't know why few people don't dare.. maybe is not so easy?

cheers,

Giampaolo

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 12:32:28 PM »

Great plants Coconut!

cheers

Giampaolo
I teach Kendo 45 years now & someday I feel like a Bonsai myself!😆. So what does a 15 years old bonsai fruit taste like?😋

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 09:21:44 PM »

Great plants Coconut!

cheers

Giampaolo
I teach Kendo 45 years now & someday I feel like a Bonsai myself!😆. So what does a 15 years old bonsai fruit taste like?😋

It should taste good like their mother plants!

Despite the plants seems fine, till today I had no fruit from them, maybe I have to push more with manure this summer..

The older (from La Digue) at the right has 15 years and the other two (from Bora Bora) have 8 years.

you can see my Corrosols bonsai here!

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 12:16:07 AM »

Great plants Coconut!

cheers

Giampaolo

Despite the plants seems fine, till today I had no fruit from them, maybe I have to push more with manure this summer..

The older (from La Digue) at the right has 15 years and the other two (from Bora Bora) have 8 years.

Fantastic If I decide to not go for the Euthanization and opt for an assisted living home, I know I can bonsai an orchard of tropicals indoor!  Gosh you can never stop learning?  That is one hell of a Bonsai, definitely will look good next to my Samurai Armours & Ikebana!😄👍

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 04:16:16 AM »

It might help to soak them overnight in 900 parts per million giberellic acid. I've been able to sprout them without the GA, but some people reported difficulties without it.
BTW, we have an active Bonsai club here with so many Japanese residents. I've seen very nice bonsais of acerola, jaboticaba, surinam cherry, and a few other tropicals. Very attractive when in flower of fruiting.
Oscar

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »

Great plants Coconut!

cheers

Giampaolo

Awesome!!!
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »

It might help to soak them overnight in 900 parts per million giberellic acid. I've been able to sprout them without the GA, but some people reported difficulties without it.
BTW, we have an active Bonsai club here with so many Japanese residents. I've seen very nice bonsais of acerola, jaboticaba, surinam cherry, and a few other tropicals. Very attractive when in flower of fruiting.

I have acerola too! It fruits all the time with wanderful red fruits!! I have to try now with Jaboticaba...