Author Topic: Banisteriopsis caapi rooted plants  (Read 1901 times)

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
Banisteriopsis caapi rooted plants
« on: September 05, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »
Few live rooted "Ciclo" Banisteriopsis caapi vines available.

Live rooted plants in 4" pots $15 each plus shipping.

Thanks!
Trying to grow it all!

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
Re: Banisteriopsis caapi rooted plants
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 09:26:13 AM »
are you sure that isnt the much more common "cielo" variety? ;) that is a very good price

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 07:23:37 AM »
Grew the original plant from seed sourced from Brazil. It was what the seeds were supposed to be anyways. I do have cielo too and they are very similar looking. Maybe the cielo has more lanced leaves or whatever. Either way it's a clone but a clone of an otherwise unique seed grown plant.

As far as the pricing I just feel it's fair to charge a decent bit for a rare plant but I don't care to gouge people to death since cloning my plant and a small pot with soil is minimal cost to me. I have friends selling entheogens that charge $80 for a comparable plant I'd sell for no more than $20. Great guys but feel that's highly unfair to their buyers especially since I know their plant production had basically little overhead cost at all. They do it because it's technically worth that much and can get away with it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:31:50 AM by D-Grower »
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 08:40:54 AM »
I believe your likely the same guy I know at the STS forum under the same name. Therefore you likely know of the guys I speak of in the above post. Well respected members over there. Won't specifically name them as they are good guys and personal friends but I do have my criticism of their prices. It's cool to make something off these things but they too are gifts of God or nature whatever one believes. I feel they should be given out freely mostly but for some time, effort, and care a wee bit of profit is all good enough if otherwise your intentions to share these gifts is right. However extremely high prices seem unfair when you produce them for next to nothing and charge what you do just because you can and some will buy because they want these things so badly. Anyways that's my two cents on the issue but everyone has their own way of seeing things. In their defense I would say they have the right intentions in mind and through the forum do give away lots of stuff freely. Maybe that's how they feel justified about the pricing if someone comes to them from outside the forum.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:44:34 AM by D-Grower »
Trying to grow it all!

SEEDTALKOC

• Costa Mesa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 08:35:31 PM »
Interested!!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 08:01:08 AM »
Someone is prospected to buy the two nice ones I have at the moment but if they don't I'll make a post that they are still available.
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 09:54:18 AM »
Gonna say these are still available for sale. Prospective buyer hasn't replied back to last message sent.
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 08:08:39 AM »
Sold. Have two more that are a bit unkempt looking. If I get them to look good again I'll post them here when ready.
Trying to grow it all!

Tang Tonic

• US Virgin Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »
PM sent