Author Topic: WANTED Real Musa blue java (EUROPE)  (Read 753 times)

giorgosgr.

• Attika, Greece zone 9b
    • View Profile
WANTED Real Musa blue java (EUROPE)
« on: May 29, 2020, 11:42:48 AM »
I just found out that my "blue java" was not the real thing. Can anyone sell me one? or do you know any source that you are sure has the real thing?

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED Real Musa blue java (EUROPE)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 05:07:32 PM »
I have found that my wax jambu i wanted to send you is nit wax jambu .Its Eleagnus Latifolia ,sho shang.
If you find this blue java banana at a resonable price let me know also.

giorgosgr.

• Attika, Greece zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 05:19:13 PM »
I have found that my wax jambu i wanted to send you is nit wax jambu .Its Eleagnus Latifolia ,sho shang.

Oh i am sorry to hear that. So that is why is was so able to survive your cold temps!
The last supposed blue java (that is probably is not i got it from http://frosthartepalmen.de so i will search another source. Also canarius is too expensive..
If i find of course i will let you know

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 05:34:42 PM »

Oh i am sorry to hear that. So that is why is was so able to survive your cold temps!
The last supposed blue java (that is probably is not i got it from http://frosthartepalmen.de so i will search another source. Also canarius is too expensive..
Its great since i think Eleagnus latifolia its a better fruit than wax jambu.I wanted to buy wax jambu just for the flowers as a decorative tree.
The bulgarian shop once had blue java banana.

giorgosgr.

• Attika, Greece zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 01:02:21 AM »

Its great since i think Eleagnus latifolia its a better fruit than wax jambu.I wanted to buy wax jambu just for the flowers as a decorative tree.
The bulgarian shop once had blue java banana.

I agree with you about eleagnus. Wax jambu isnt supposed to taste that great. Why dont you try for the flowers rose apple (syzugium jambos) it should be a lot more hardy for you.
Yes the bulgarian shop had them and quite big plants! but not anymore and when it had them i thought mine was blue java.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk