Author Topic: Suggested Fibrous Mango  (Read 17879 times)

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested Fibrous Mango
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 10:58:35 AM »
I have it the other way around.... :(

Sleepdoc, glad to hear it happens the other way around as well...

Posted by: fruitlovers
« on: June 07, 2012, 06:44:58 PM » Insert Quote

"I would guess that there are lots more guys that have spouses that are not into fruit growing than vice versa. A vast majority of my clientele are males, so i would think this is a bigger problem for males. You just don't hear about it as much as guys rather talk about sports, women rather talk about their relationships.   I get a lot of kidding from my wife about my passion for gardening. She doesn't like to do any of the garden work, but she always shows up right around harvest time! "

Oscar...You might be right!

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested Fibrous Mango
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 12:23:29 PM »
I would imagine that someone is selling Haden locally- Haden does have some fiber-Since my husband lived here his whole life, maybe its Haden that he likes.

I know that people talk about the tree as having a lot of disease problems- I grew one- and the tree never experienced any issues- I have passed by the house ( long sold) and the tree is still there-now 15 years old and very large- it still looks healthy.
With that said,  the future one might have all kinds of issues.

If anyone here is selling Haden-please let me know :)
thanks

I've got Haden.
Excalibur has a load of Haden...

First Haden fell off my tree yesterday (one week earlier than last year) but most on the tree look 2 weeks away. One that fell off has some yellow coloration unlike those still hanging on for dear life
These are colored up pretty well with the classic red/yellow coloration.  Flavor is pretty goo, too.
- Rob