Author Topic: Looking To Buy Edible Plants Puerto Rico  (Read 2349 times)

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
Looking To Buy Edible Plants Puerto Rico
« on: May 26, 2018, 07:10:48 PM »
Hey I recently moved to Puerto Rico, and I am looking to start a food forest I can live off of without buying from the store. So I am preferably looking for foods such as breadfruit that can be used as a vegetable type fruit, or plants that have multiple uses. I won't be able to pick up any plants in Puerto Rico for a while, so I am looking for people who can ship to me from inside of Puerto Rico, or people who can ship to me outside of Puerto Rico.

I am preferably looking for plants/grafted plants so they can start producing sooner, but I am also interested in seeds so they can become naturalized to my environment quicker and increase the amount of diversity. Here is a list of specific of plants and genus I am looking for.

Theobroma Grandiflorum Cupuassu,Cupuacu
Theobroma Bicolor - Mocambo
Any other theobroma besides theobroma cacao unless you have a uncommon variety
Elaeis guineensis - African Oil palm
Vitellaria paradoxa - shea butter tree
Baobab varieties(really looking for large trees or grafted trees so they produce quicker)
Citrullus lanatus - egusi
Dacryodes edulis - butterfruit tree
Sclerocarya birrea - marula
Boscia senegalensis - aizen or mukheit
Vitex species - Chocolate Berries
Detarium senegalense, Leguminosae - sweet deter
moringa varieties
Sapindus detergens - soapnut/soapberry

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:36:59 PM by Ertdude »

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
Re: Looking To Buy Edible Plants Puerto Rico
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 01:27:03 AM »
Still looking. Pretty much willing to consider whatever you are able to ship to me but also looking for those specific plants. thanks

wonderfruit

• US, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 03:30:10 PM »
Contact Abimael in this forum
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 07:01:54 PM »
I hope your move to PR has went well so far. There is a guy in Vieques who grows annonas and other oddities. You should try contacting him also.
Life is good

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 02:40:08 PM »
Contact Abimael in this forum
I am currently talking to him about purchasing some of what he has, I would definitely prefer to buy from people in Puerto Rico since the plants have naturalized here and will have a better chance of thriving. However, for some of the rarer and specific types of plants I am looking to buy anywhere since it's unlikely I will find them here, especially since the hurricane wiped out a lot of the nurserys selling those types of plants. Thank you for the recommendation though a few people have vouched for him so far, so I feel more confident buying a lot from him.

Tre

shafak

• India, Chennai 13°N 80°E Köppen: Aw Elevation 6 m (20 ft)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »
Ertdude, I have seeds of Baobab (Adansonia digitata) and can also get seeds of Moringa oleifera if you are interested.  It would be better if you got cuttings of Moringa, but in case you cannot.  I could send you as a last resort.

Hey I recently moved to Puerto Rico, and I am looking to start a food forest I can live off of without buying from the store. So I am preferably looking for foods such as breadfruit that can be used as a vegetable type fruit, or plants that have multiple uses. I won't be able to pick up any plants in Puerto Rico for a while, so I am looking for people who can ship to me from inside of Puerto Rico, or people who can ship to me outside of Puerto Rico.

I am preferably looking for plants/grafted plants so they can start producing sooner, but I am also interested in seeds so they can become naturalized to my environment quicker and increase the amount of diversity. Here is a list of specific of plants and genus I am looking for.

Theobroma Grandiflorum Cupuassu,Cupuacu
Theobroma Bicolor - Mocambo
Any other theobroma besides theobroma cacao unless you have a uncommon variety
Elaeis guineensis - African Oil palm
Vitellaria paradoxa - shea butter tree
Baobab varieties(really looking for large trees or grafted trees so they produce quicker)
Citrullus lanatus - egusi
Dacryodes edulis - butterfruit tree
Sclerocarya birrea - marula
Boscia senegalensis - aizen or mukheit
Vitex species - Chocolate Berries
Detarium senegalense, Leguminosae - sweet deter
moringa varieties
Sapindus detergens - soapnut/soapberry

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 11:34:38 PM »
Not sure they are still selling plants I know they have seeds but if you can pass by
Montoso gardens also I know they took damage but you can also check
Sherry at Vivero Anones Inc their located in Las Marías, a small town on the western side of your island

Like i'm sure you are can see first hand lots of the places in PR where hit pretty hard by maria,
so being there you might be able to visit some places onsite and get some good deals.
abimael777 might have some plants i've gotten some nice plants from himself, sadly Irma decided she like them more then me lol