Author Topic: Assistance need for issue with variegated mineola tangelo  (Read 1501 times)

countryboy1981

• 8B Alabama
    • View Profile
Assistance need for issue with variegated mineola tangelo
« on: May 27, 2018, 10:24:57 AM »
The tree was subsantially larger before the record freezes we had this past winter but still had the same issue.  What disease is this?  It pits holes in the leaves and kills new growth.  What can i do to get rid of it permanently?  Ive tried copper sprays but it didnt solve it.

Underside of leaves:

Topside:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:26:06 PM by countryboy1981 »

GregW

• United States, Alabama, Birmingham
    • View Profile
Re: Assistance need for issue with variegated mineola tangelo
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »
Hello,
I'm located in Alabama also.
I'm not sure whats wrong with your tree, but I will let you know what I have experienced with my trees.
The trees don't do well in really hot environments such as the one you have created with the black weed cloth.
I had my trees on a very dark stained wood deck and the sun literally baked the trees in the summer. The barely survived the summer with little growth. By chance I move the trees off the deck into the yard and miraculously they came alive and started to grow.

My experience my have nothing to to with your problem, but it's something you might consider.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:17:00 PM by GregW »

countryboy1981

• 8B Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Assistance need for issue with variegated mineola tangelo
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 08:19:15 PM »
All of my trees are flourishing except for this one, which actually started new growth and I am hoping whatever fungus ia attacking it has ceased.  Its some type of fungal disease i think but dont know which one and what spray to use to resolve it permanently.  All of my trees are in the ground.