Author Topic: Pineapple Plant Tissue Calture Hardening off stage?  (Read 966 times)

Evildeadguy

• Polk County, FL, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Pineapple Plant Tissue Calture Hardening off stage?
« on: June 15, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »
Hi i wanted to find someone that can help me with Pineapple plant Tissue Culture
the stage where your need to harden off the pineapple plant tissue culture to get
it ready so it can be planted outside can someone tell me what is the best method
of hardening off pineapple plant tissue culture?
Pineapples i Grow: Natal Queen

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
Re: Pineapple Plant Tissue Calture Hardening off stage?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 03:44:41 AM »
If roots were grown in tubes just put them in a small cold-water under shadow. Keep humidity high. Use sterile peat with modified ph to 6. Not much for each plant but enough to anchor the roots. They harden in about 6 weeks then gradually expose them to sun and other harsh conditions.
Plants are very sensitive to pests.

FruitFreak

• USA, FL, Naples, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 10:42:30 AM »
Hi i wanted to find someone that can help me with Pineapple plant Tissue Culture
the stage where your need to harden off the pineapple plant tissue culture to get
it ready so it can be planted outside can someone tell me what is the best method

Place them in small 4" pots and keep them in mostly shade partial sun (under a tree canopy).  Every now and then pull them out for some full sun.  After a month or so you'll notice them start to harden off.
- Marley

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 01:39:59 PM »

Place them in small 4" pots and keep them in mostly shade partial sun (under a tree canopy).  Every now and then pull them out for some full sun.  After a month or so you'll notice them start to harden off.

Thanks for getting back to me .... i was thinking of doing that putting them in 4" pots and inside a humidity dome with a heat mat under it and put them under fluorescent grow lights that i have already i wonder if that would be okay

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 01:41:47 PM »
If roots were grown in tubes just put them in a small cold-water under shadow. Keep humidity high. Use sterile peat with modified ph to 6. Not much for each plant but enough to anchor the roots. They harden in about 6 weeks then gradually expose them to sun and other harsh conditions.
Plants are very sensitive to pests.

Hi i was planning to use sterile peat moss and perlite mix in 4" pots