Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Your mango policy?

(1/1)

zands:
Mine is basically first come, first served. There is some telephone communication but with the no-shows and the unexpecteds who arrive without notice. Like this morning.....  I just want to move them
Mangoes are too perishable at their peak to let sit around.
So he who gets here first gets the pick of the crop.
I also allow people to pick off the tree...partly because they see hidden ripe ones that I do not. Most who come here are attuned with mango seeking-radar.

Oooppps ....Just had another unexpected (but he has been here often) come by 15 minutes ago. He found seven hidden ones just after another mango hunter left, who I thought scooped up everything that was good for today

simon_grow:
Zands, you are being too generous. Make sure to save some for yourself. Your trees are absolutely beautiful by the way. I can’t wait till my trees are producing like yours.

Simon

WGphil:
Start with bird shot reload with buckshot

My uncle Buck Barfield and my aunt owned a fernery in Pierson Fl

Thieves would tie flashlights to their feet and cut and steal fern from growers

Uncle Buck didn’t miss a day of hunting season and with my aunt home alone the thieves visited their ferns

Hearing something and seeing flashlights out in the fern she called out to them to leave

The flashlights went off only to come back on a few minutes later and more theft

This time my aunt fired a couple rounds from a shotgun over their heads

She yelled out that was bird shot when I reload with buckshot im shooting lower

She said they were at least four sets of flashlights running down the road

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version