Author Topic: Where to buy(plant/seeds) incense and precious woods: Myrrh,Agarwood,ebony,tonka  (Read 16706 times)

pajoojo

• Greece, Attiki
    • View Profile
I'm looking for plants or fresh seeds of these trees:

-Commiphora myrrha (Myrrh)
-Boswellia sacra (Incense)
-Dipteryx odorata (Tonka nut)
-Diospyros ebenum (Ebony)
-Diospyros perrieri (Ebony)
-Santal sps (santal wood)
.Aquilaria crassna (Agarwood)

If someone knows where I can purchase them...
Passion for spices, incense, mangoes and rare wood tropical

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
You can find a lot of the seeds of those trees from sacredsucculents.com.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Roy-Ind

• India,Andhra Pradesh,Vijayawada
    • View Profile
I can help you to get some of them(May be different species but the purposes are same)
Some of them are not available for trade.

Roy

tingkun

• Taoyuan County,Taiwan
    • View Profile

Yes.
I have planted santal wood and Agarwood.
I can provide free seeds to you.
But must wait until the advent of the season.
About June to July.
But those are tropical trees.
Do you have a suitable place to plant it?

pajoojo

• Greece, Attiki
    • View Profile
Thank you a lot Nullzero, I asked them for Commiphora myrrha (not proposed) and B.sacra, unfortunnately they don't sell plants out of US and Commiphora are only available in this form.

Thank you Roy, I'm especially interested by these species, because they provide the best quality.

Thank you a lot Tingkun, it is really kind of you. Yes I have a greenhouse (25°C during winter) don't worry.

These are some of the last plants I would like absolutely to grow with some others (of course). I try to do a collection of spices-incense-rarewood trees (and have a high interest in mango too).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:42:56 PM by pajoojo »

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Aquilaria crassna grows pretty big before becomes suitable for inoculation with fungus. It will likely to outgrow your greenhouse.  Otherwise it is useless soft wood. You will need to buy inoculation kit from someone in South Asia.  Also these species protected by CITIES. You boys don't get in trouble with international law, ok?

carraig

• View Profile
    • Amber's Edibles
Thank you a lot Nullzero, I asked them for Commiphora myrrha (not proposed) and B.sacra, unfortunnately they don't sell plants out of US and Commiphora are only available in this form.

Good Morning,

We sell seeds for Commiphora neglecta, and while they are very difficult to sprout, we have had some limited success.  The seedlings are gorgeous.  We also sell Diospyros mespiliformis, Euclea pseudebenus, and Berchemia zeyheri (Pink Ivory).  See our seed store on Ebay at http://stores.ebay.com/Ambers-Edibles.

Numerous people on this forum can vouch for us.

Regards,
Carraig

pajoojo

• Greece, Attiki
    • View Profile
Good morning Carraig,

I am interested by your seeds, but the ebay links doesn't work.

Do you have a list for all incenses and rare woods you have for sell with respective price/quantity?

best regards, Jonas

tingkun

• Taoyuan County,Taiwan
    • View Profile

Thank you Roy, I'm especially interested by these species, because they provide the best quality.

Thank you a lot Tingkun, it is really kind of you. Yes I have a greenhouse (25°C during winter) don't worry.

These are some of the last plants I would like absolutely to grow with some others (of course). I try to do a collection of spices-incense-rarewood trees (and have a high interest in mango too).

Sandalwood is a parasitic plant.
It is the best host pink wampee or lemon tree.(Taiwan's current experiment)
The scent of it fascinates me.

pajoojo

• Greece, Attiki
    • View Profile
Yes Tingkun, but it is hemi parasitic, so can alive without other plants. In pot, it is important to fertilize with high level ofNitrogen

carraig

• View Profile
    • Amber's Edibles
Good morning Carraig,

I am interested by your seeds, but the ebay links doesn't work.

Do you have a list for all incenses and rare woods you have for sell with respective price/quantity?

best regards, Jonas

Ha ha, that is because I tried to use good grammar and the period was included as part of the link.  The correct address is  http://stores.ebay.com/Ambers-Edibles .

For individuals on the forums that I participate in, I prefer to trade seeds instead of sell them.  If you don't have seeds to trade, then let me know what you want and I'll send you a paypal invoice so that we can both save on the outrageous fees that Ebay imposes.

Most of what we have is listed and I try to be thorough with the descriptions.  We specialize in edibles, not incenses and rare woods, so it is just by chance there is some overlap.  I believe we also have Diospyros lycoides that is not listed yet.

Regards,
Carraig

One of my C. neglecta seedlings.  The trunk is already thick and succulent-like.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:55:28 AM by carraig »

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Carraig,

You have a great selection of fruiting plant seeds from Africa. I just put in another order :). Thank you for making these seeds available at affordable prices. BTW you have C. neglecta plants for sale?
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

carraig

• View Profile
    • Amber's Edibles
Carraig,

You have a great selection of fruiting plant seeds from Africa. I just put in another order :). Thank you for making these seeds available at affordable prices. BTW you have C. neglecta plants for sale?

I really wish you forumites would remind me who you are when you place your orders so that I can send extra seeds or give discounts :-).

C. neglecta are a PAIN to germinate.  I haven't found the exact trigger yet so there is a huge variance in germination times.  One of my seedlings was actually from a germination trial I gave up on.  The baggie sat off to the side of my computer waiting for data entry for a couple weeks because I was being lazy, and when I went to record the germination results from that trial I found a seedling.  These seeds get ugly quick, and yet still germinate...

I want to grow my C. neglecta seedlings for a while.  I may eventually sell some, but I am enjoying the fruits of my labor right now :-).  Kind of like the African Blueberry (V. exul) that I JUST discovered the trigger for after months of spotty and mostly failed germination tests. (It's a treatment of 1000ppm GA3 stored in the dark at room temperature for 7 weeks.)  Seeds that germinate easily are much easier to part with :-)

Another funny one is Chrysanthemoides monilifera (Beitou / Edible Daisy).  They are a weed in some countries, and yet I have only been able to germinate them with any reliability using GA3.

Anyway, let me know next time you order before you pay so that I can take care of you.

Regards,
Carraig

Alok

• India
    • View Profile
Hi carraig,
I am also looking for the seeds of the following-
-Aquilaria crassna (Agarwood)

and I checked your ebay store as well but could not find any of these. Please let me know if you have them. Also I have lots of seeds of Indian trees- so if you want to exchange I am open to it. Let me know.
Thanks,
Alok

Alok

• India
    • View Profile

Yes.
I have planted santal wood and Agarwood.
I can provide free seeds to you.
But must wait until the advent of the season.
About June to July.
But those are tropical trees.
Do you have a suitable place to plant it?
Hi tingkun,
I am looking for Agarwood seeds, let me know if you have them available with you and can send it to me in India, if you are looking for some Indian seeds I will be happy to send them to you.
Thanks,
Alok

tikkun olam

• Howell, MI
    • View Profile
I am looking for seeds to grow myrrh, cassia and cinnamon.

I live in the US so I can exchange for any seeds of the US. 

Contact me at allibyi2u@gmail.com

muthu0007

• India/kerala state/kannur
    • View Profile
i want plant/seeds of agarwood.please help be brother
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »

TNAndy

• East Tennessee USA zone 6b
    • View Profile
I don't know if it's too late for this to help, but the Miniatree Garden on ebay sells seeds and plants in the incense tree family.  Earlier this year I bought 100 Frankincense seeds.  A week and a half ago I planted them.  They have an abysmal germination rate (~ 10%), but the few that sprouted seem to be doing well.  100 seeds costs $25 plus shipping.  If you do everything right and the stars all align, you will end up with about 10 plants.

I believe Frankincense (Boswellia sacra) and Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) are their top sellers.  When they have some plants for sale, they sell out quickly.

https://www.ebay.com/str/The-Miniatree-Garden

Good luck.

The reason I resurrected this thread is I am hoping to find some Myrrh seeds and it turned up in my Google search.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk