Author Topic: First Lychee  (Read 2876 times)

Mr. Clean

• FLMangos.com
    • US, FL, West Palm Beach, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
    • Florida's Finest Mangos
First Lychee
« on: April 11, 2012, 02:18:11 PM »
DELETED
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:25:05 PM by Mr. Clean »
www.FLMangos.com

110+ fruit trees/plants; 60+ mango trees; 9 jackfruit; 6 avocado; 3 persimmon; longan; and a dog that keeps raccoons and squirrels away.

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • USA, Escondido, CA 92027, zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: First Lychee
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »
lol taking no chance huh?  congrats though
Tim

lycheeluva

• Brooklyn, NY
  • obsessed with fruit growing, especially lychees
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
NICE JOB. WHAT VARIETY?

Mr. Clean

• FLMangos.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »
It's a Hak Ip variety. 
www.FLMangos.com

110+ fruit trees/plants; 60+ mango trees; 9 jackfruit; 6 avocado; 3 persimmon; longan; and a dog that keeps raccoons and squirrels away.

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
Congrats! I think that will work great. I used that type of bagging on my mangoes last year.

natsgarden123

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »
NICE fruit and tree- your tree looks better than mine-how do you keep the notcher weevils away..they love my tree

Mr. Clean

• FLMangos.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:38:58 PM »
NICE fruit and tree- your tree looks better than mine-how do you keep the notcher weevils away..they love my tree

I have three varieties of lychee and five varieties of mangos.   They were munching on the Carrie mango for a while, but stoppped, perhaps one of the trees in the yard is toxic to them.  I also have automatic irrigation, which might make a difference. 
www.FLMangos.com

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 09:52:17 PM »

I have three varieties of lychee and five varieties of mangos.   They were munching on the Carrie mango for a while, but stoppped, perhaps one of the trees in the yard is toxic to them.  I also have automatic irrigation, which might make a difference.
Irrigation has no effect on the weevils.  They were munching in my lychees and only a couple of my mangoes through the winter.  I have noticed they appeared to have disappeared.  Don't know if it is weather related, seasonal or what...
- Rob

natsgarden123

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »

Irrigation has no effect on the weevils.  They were munching in my lychees and only a couple of my mangoes through the winter.  I have noticed they appeared to have disappeared.  Don't know if it is weather related, seasonal or what...

I agree Rob:

if anything, the weevils are at their worst during the summer when its really wet. Right now, only my young lychee is being eaten