Author Topic: New russian diaphragm well pump  (Read 1091 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
New russian diaphragm well pump
« on: April 23, 2020, 07:57:41 AM »
I bought this diaphragm vibration pump today.
Its Ukrainean Taifun 2 but im really not sure if its original or a chinese knock off.
The original has copper wires inside but manny of the chinese copyes have aluminium wire coil wich fails( had one chinese pump like this that failed only after 2 months).
These pumps have only 200-300 watts consumption and they are the most efficient well pumps if the well its deep .
It says on it that can pump water from 90 meters deep with only 300 watts.This is serious pump wich makes Shurflo expensive diphragm pumps look like toys.
Shurflo also has bearings and motor so more moving parts to fail.
These type of pumps have no bearings ,no motor,just an electromagnet like a door bell or a haircutting machine that jumps up and down pushing a rubber diaphragm to pump water .
The magnet turns on and off at 50 Hz,the pulsing from the electric instalation.
Its diaphragm pump number 3 i will install in the well.
Sadly,the old ,36 years old original russian vintage diaphragm pump burned( water got inside near the cable).

Before i had like 7 otther pumps with motors and impellers,snails( shneck) and all failed including one expensive german pump that spilled her oil from around the motor rotor in my well water( was a high quality pump wich had the electric rotor spinning in a bath of encased oil ).

I paid just 45 dollars for this pump and its cheap for what it can do and the weight of the material ;D but im hoping it will last.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:20:54 AM by SeaWalnut »

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: New russian diaphragm well pump
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 08:49:49 PM »
I dissasembled the little russian submarine to look at the coil   ;D.

This is the coil but its encased in resin and couldnt see the wires if they made of copper or aluminum.
Lower you can see 2 coils from 2 different  such pumps.
One had copper wires and pumped water every day for 36 years from a well and its original russian.
The otther wires are made of aluminum and were feom a chinese pump copy of the russian.It only lasted 2 months.

The only hope i have that this is an original russian or ukrainean pump its that the ports where the water flows look this bad.Verry rugged in the T34 tank style :D.
I think the chinese have more marketing abilities and they dont dare to sale such awfull looking ,unfinished product looking pumps.

NOTE: the chinese might make these pumps with quality copper wires too but i avoid them because of the manny fakes and you cant know if the wires are aluminum or copper until the pump brokes.All the sellers and even on the box says they all have copper wires
but i think 85% of them dont.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:03:53 PM by SeaWalnut »

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 05:10:32 PM »
I just wanted to install a well pump and i got into digging the well  ;D.
So far i made it deeper with 40 cm .
Initially had 3 meters water column but its big drought and after i took the water out it was just 50 cm that filled back faster thogh not fast enough.
Now im thinking to cast custom reinforced concrete tubes to lower them in the well as i found a method of digging that works well from the distance ,without getting into the well but takes verry long time.

And since were talking about irigation pumps,i found this chinese made Loncin ,gas powered( 4 stroke) pump thats verry small ,1,5 inch hose and weights just 13 kg.
Costs just 150 dollars but looks like a verry high quality pump that would last for decades and i like thats light and easy to carry.
Im thinking to buy one to wet my orchards with water from the river thats like 30 meters away and i also have verry close the sewage discharge water channel close to another orchard.
I plan to use that sewage water when needed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:21:09 PM by SeaWalnut »

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »
A superb example of the russian diaphragm pump pulling out sand and silt from a 20 meters deep well.
You wont find any big brand deep well pump( like Shurflo,Grundfos ,etc) that can do this.
From the video you can get an idea about the flow also and for that flow ,from 20 meters depth it consumes just 250 watts.
https://youtu.be/XyEvF85as50

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 07:22:48 PM »
My pump doesn't work anymore. When I turn it on it has a buzzzzz sound.  what would be the problem? It work for a a year or two and then not working anymore.  Maybe my brother didn't install it correctly?

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 08:04:10 PM »
My pump doesn't work anymore. When I turn it on it has a buzzzzz sound.  what would be the problem? It work for a a year or two and then not working anymore.  Maybe my brother didn't install it correctly?
Depends on what type of pump it is.But if you say it makes that noize and im assuming its a pump that has a rotary motor,i suspect its toasted .Water got into it and it burned.
Its also possible ,if it has a motor that has carbon brushes ,that the brushes got consumed and they need replaced.
What type of pump is it?