Author Topic: Earliest mango variety?  (Read 13321 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Re: Earliest mango variety?
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »
Zands - I haven't done anything rigorous. One bag of mulch per year. Some 8/3/9 a couple times per year, spring and summer plus chelated minors once per year.   Mostly I leave them alone.  I follow Richard Campbells advice on tipping to get the trees bushier.

I do the same except for the additional minors. Your chelated minors are applied by spraying say some Southern Ag citrus formula or are they applied to the ground? You have neutral ph?
I throw my 8-3-9 on top of the tree trimmers mulch around my mango/fruit trees because I figure some of the minors will be bound into and chelated into the mulch making for better absorption of minors in my high PH soil as the mulch decays and migrates downward.

But when fruit tree is young/first two years/ I try to tuck handfuls of 8-3-9 under the mulch/spread it a bit/ so the 8 3 0 can get to the roots quicker.

What I really need is to get is some of Har's mostly potassium with minors fertilizer for my older fruit trees. Hey come down to Broward with a load! Guanabanas!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:47:23 PM by zands »

PurpleAlligator

• USA, Miami, FL, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Earliest mango variety?
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
The minors are applied via soil drench.  I have typical Redlands rocky soil. High ph I guess but I never measured it.

Adam33

• Hungary USDA 7
    • View Profile
Which variety is it?
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 06:40:53 AM »

Can someone tell me what type it is?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk