Author Topic: BORNEO seeds: PRAINEA LIMPATO, Artocarpus, Baccaurea, Nephelium, Jambu delima  (Read 69551 times)

Maryoto

• WhatsApp +62 812 3688 1182
    • Borneo
    • View Profile
Maryoto is THE man!!!!  8)
You're The Man my friend  :D :D :D

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Hi Maryoto,
Do you have any information on the Xanthophyllum tree? Are they large trees?
Thanks!
Not too large trees my friend,maybe about 6-7 metres.
I want to go there again to takes the photos but, too far from here .

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
Hello my friend,

Like Jack(Coconut) said, Selabi or wild mangosteen are Willughbeia angustifolia.
I'm wondering why malaysian peoples call it wild mangosteen.
In fact, it tastes much different from the mangosteen.
It's a vine, but can be grow to be very big vine.

Crystal fruits is Pometia pinnata or called Kasai in local language.
I'm not really sure whether those species are monoic or dioic.

Torok is Mundar in bakumpai language.
It might be garcinia forbesii.

Unfortunately, the torok and willughbeia season has ended...don't have the seeds anymore,sorry.
About kasai, you can see my post at front page.

Thank you for the explanation Maryoto. ;)

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Hello my friend,

Like Jack(Coconut) said, Selabi or wild mangosteen are Willughbeia angustifolia.
I'm wondering why malaysian peoples call it wild mangosteen.
In fact, it tastes much different from the mangosteen.
It's a vine, but can be grow to be very big vine.

Crystal fruits is Pometia pinnata or called Kasai in local language.
I'm not really sure whether those species are monoic or dioic.

Torok is Mundar in bakumpai language.
It might be garcinia forbesii.

Unfortunately, the torok and willughbeia season has ended...don't have the seeds anymore,sorry.
About kasai, you can see my post at front page.

Thank you for the explanation Maryoto. ;)
You're welcome my friend

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
Seeds arrived today, thanks a lot. I have a question, you described Tampirik seeds as : "Tampirik seeds smaller than Willughbeia angustifolia seeds, and has a black seeds color.", but color of seeds of Tampirik I got looks different. Is it just different light on your picture or what?

My seeds (Sarawakensis on the left, Tampirik on the right)

Your original pictures:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:49:24 PM by Radoslav »

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Seeds arrived today, thanks a lot. I have a question, you described Tampirik seeds as : "Tampirik seeds smaller than Willughbeia angustifolia seeds, and has a black seeds color.", but color of seeds of Tampirik I got looks different. Is it just different light on your picture or what?

My seeds (Sawarakensis on the left, Tampirik on the right)

Your original pictures:

Hi Radoslav,

I took the photos while it was still wet.
I cleaned the seeds and took the photos, but when i took the photos it was totally different colored.
When the seeds dry, the tampirik seeds become a little brown.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Will you have any more Tampirik seeds in the near future?

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile

Your original pictures:

Hi Radoslav,

I cleaned the seeds and took the photos, but when i took the photos it was totally different colored.
Thanks for info, it gives a sense.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile

Your original pictures:

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for info, it gives a sense.
You're welcome my friend

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Will you have any more Tampirik seeds in the near future?
I'm planning to pick Tampirik fruits again, Sheehan.
Maybe tommorow or day after tommorow, i found Tampirik vine that still has the fruits left.
I'll contact you when i get the fruits.

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
Are the Xanthophyllum all gone?
darn

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Are the Xanthophyllum all gone?
darn
I still have the Xanthophyllum seeds.
But only have 12 seeds left.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Nephelium sp(Puson) added, beautiful shape of Nephelium species.
Limited quantity.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Re: BORNEO seeds: Artocarpus nitidus, Prainea limpato, Tampirik - NEW
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2015, 02:11:57 AM »
Artocarpus nitidus added

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2015, 12:15:23 PM »
wow, Very big Langsat , PM SENT
This langsat have latex or sour taste ?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:25:31 PM by RICBITAR »

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »
wow, Very big Langsat , PM SENT
This langsat have latex or sour taste ?
It has slightly latex, and sweet taste.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Re: BORNEO seeds: Artocarpus nitidus, Big langsat, Prainea limpato
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
Langsat from Borneo added

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2015, 05:23:06 PM »

Maryoto

You can weight one langsat? seems very big langsat or the hand in the photo is very small ,
this langsat like a duck egg hahahhaha very good !

Joy2Foragers

• Forager, Gardener and Rare fruit collector
  • Forager, Gardener, and Collector
    • United States,Florida,Orlando,Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2015, 05:24:35 PM »
Hi Maryoto,
The luwi seeds you sent have sprouted, and are a testimony to how well you package your seeds:

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2015, 08:10:45 PM »

Maryoto

You can weight one langsat? seems very big langsat or the hand in the photo is very small ,

Maryoto are your Giant Langsat called Duku also?

According To Lasarus Sukumto member from west Java bogor;
Differences duku, langsat, and " Sent to: Coconut on: March 25, 2015, 03:07:28 AM » ReplyQuoteDelete
Differences Duku, Langsat, and Kokosan fruits

Duku (Lansium domesticum var. duku)
Duku tree has many branches spreadly, abundant leaves with bright green color. Fruit bunch is relatively short with less fruits compared to langsat or kokosan. The fruit is big, tends to round, thick-skinned tend not sticky when it is ripe. Generally, small seeds and fleshy thick. The taste is usually sweet after ripening and smell nice.

Langsat (L. domesticum var. domesticum)
Langsat tree has less branches and relatively vertical, less abundant leaves with dark green color than duku. The fruit bunch is relatively long and abundant fruits (10 – 25 fruits), oval acute to the stalk fruit shape with leather thin, always gummy (though ripe), watery flesh with a sweet flavor and refreshing. The taste is usually sweet with little sour. One distinguishing feature of the Langsat fruit is not durable after being picked. In three days, the skin will turn black (although not affect the taste) but it looks unattractive.

Kokosan (L. domesticum var. aquaeum)
Kokosan tree almost same as duku, more abundant leaves, leaf surface is hairy. The fruits are little, less gummy, abundant and close each others. The fruits stick firmly to the bunch although they have matured.  Fruit skin is thin and dark yellow color, attached stickly to the flesh that difficult to peel. The flesh color is redish yellow, watery, and thin. The seeds are relatively big. One eats the fruit by bitten or pressed by fingers and put into mouth, sucked its flesh water with seed come out and swallowed them. You should not bit the seed because all Lansium seeds are bitter taste. The taste is usually sour until very sour.

Therefore, the duku is the most favorite compared to langsat and kokosan fruit."

Beni Duku Palembang should arrive tomorow & I was debating whether Your Langsat Duku??? Or Giant Langsat??? Should be added to my ever expanding Langsat Duku Forest Collection?😃

The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Beni

• Indonesia Rare Fruit
  • Ngabang kabupaten Landak West Borneo
    • West Borneo, Indonesia
    • View Profile
    • beni_prasya@yahoo.co.id
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »

Maryoto

Differences duku, langsat, and " Sent to: Coconut on: March 25, 2015, 03:07:28 AM » ReplyQuoteDelete

Duku tree has many branches spreadly, abundant leaves with bright green color. Fruit bunch is relatively short with less fruits compared to langsat or kokosan. The fruit is big, tends to round, thick-skinned tend not sticky when it is ripe. Generally, small seeds and fleshy thick. The taste is usually sweet after ripening and smell nice.

Langsat tree has less branches and relatively vertical, less abundant leaves with dark green color than duku. The fruit bunch is relatively long and abundant fruits (10 – 25 fruits), oval acute to the stalk fruit shape with leather thin, always gummy (though ripe), watery flesh with a sweet flavor and refreshing. The taste is usually sweet with little sour. One distinguishing feature of the Langsat fruit is not durable after being picked. In three days, the skin will turn black (although not affect the taste) but it looks unattractive.

Kokosan tree almost same as duku, more abundant leaves, leaf surface is hairy. The fruits are little, less gummy, abundant and close each others. The fruits stick firmly to the bunch although they have matured.  Fruit skin is thin and dark yellow color, attached stickly to the flesh that difficult to peel. The flesh color is redish yellow, watery, and thin. The seeds are relatively big. One eats the fruit by bitten or pressed by fingers and put into mouth, sucked its flesh water with seed come out and swallowed them. You should not bit the seed because all Lansium seeds are bitter taste. The taste is usually sour until very sour.

Therefore, the duku is the most favorite compared to langsat and kokosan fruit."

Beni Duku Palembang should arrive tomorow & I was debating whether Your Langsat Duku??? Or Giant Langsat??? Should be added to my ever expanding Langsat Duku Forest Collection?😃

I ever see duku and langsat. I ever compare them. For taste, duku sweet and langsat dominan sour. For size, duku  bigger than langsat. And for seed, duku bigger size than langsat seed. But kokosan i never eat and see, so i dont have opinion about it. For Giant Langsat Mr. Maryoto, i am sure Mr. Maryoto have many information and can explain all. Because Mr. Maryoto is Master fruit from Indonesia. Hehe ;) :D
Thanks and Regard
Beni Java Fruit

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2015, 11:51:29 AM »

Maryoto

Hi Ric,

Haha that's not dwarf hand my friend. ;D ;D
By the way, i don't have weight scale my friend...really sorry.
But that's big langsat in that hand.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2015, 11:54:13 AM »
Hi Maryoto,
The luwi seeds you sent have sprouted, and are a testimony to how well you package your seeds:

Hi Joyce,

I'm really happy your seeds sprouted.
Hopefully it's gonna grow and fruiting.
And, thank you very much for the testimony.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2015, 12:04:11 PM »

Maryoto

Hi Jack,

Well, Langsat and Duku are different.
Mine is Langsat, peoples also called it Langsat.

Yes, Mr. Lazarus is correct.

I've never seen kokosan before.
Langsat has thin skin with little sap,slightly oval shaped and has a sweet taste with very slightly of sour taste.
While duku have thicker skin and doesn't have sap,sweet without sour taste and rounded.
Duku has small seeds while Langsat has a rather large seeds.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2015, 05:23:33 PM »
I ever see duku and langsat. I ever compare them. For taste, duku sweet and langsat dominan sour. For size, duku  bigger than langsat. And for seed, duku bigger size than langsat seed. But kokosan i never eat and see, so i dont have opinion about it. For Giant Langsat Mr. Maryoto, i am sure Mr. Maryoto have many information and can explain all. Because Mr. Maryoto is Master fruit from Indonesia. Hehe ;) :D
Thank you Beni.
But i'm not a master fruits.
I think you are the fruits expert.