Author Topic: beyond muggy  (Read 2623 times)

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
beyond muggy
« on: July 28, 2017, 08:26:46 AM »
Any of you getting this weather dewpoints have been cracking the 80s for a few weeks, pure jungle heat!!!! talk about heat rash.On the plus side borneo plants seem to like it.I bet pineisland sound water temps are in the 90s anyone for boiled fish

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: beyond muggy
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 10:06:18 AM »
The weather has been brutal and really miserable lately, to top it off we've had very little to no rain the last several days...is it November yet  ::)

Really need to move more North of where I'm at...don't mind 4 months of heat but these 10 months of summer is getting old! You know I'm serious if I'm willing to leave my Mango and lychee trees **sigh**
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:41:53 AM by puglvr1 »

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:16:49 AM »
We finally got a nice steady rain for about 30 minutes yesterday. But yeah, this week has been especially rough. I get home from work and I go inside. Cant really do any of my outdoor stuff, even my garage hobbies. Sucks as I have three trees to plant this weekend as well as some roof work.

Knowing I had a ripe Surinam cherry I walked to the side yard to get it before the raccoons or possums did and while it was incredibly sweet, I question whether it was worth the effort since just that brief walk at 6pm even had me sweating through my clothes. I love the rain and we need more desperately to overcome two years of drought in the ground water but I am afraid this is but a prelude to August. Even in the downpours, I still have no puddles in the low spots in the yard unlike years before when some spots would go thigh deep and submerge one of my lychee tree's bases under a foot of water for a week.

dwfl

• Bokeelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »
Any of you getting this weather dewpoints have been cracking the 80s for a few weeks, pure jungle heat!!!! talk about heat rash.On the plus side borneo plants seem to like it.I bet pineisland sound water temps are in the 90s anyone for boiled fish

I'm loving it!!

baccarat0809

• Sunny Orlando, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 02:41:16 PM »
As a Central Florida transplant from Buffalo, I'll take this much more so than shoveling 18 feet of snow.

I lost 4lbs early this am when I mowed the grass - takes me about 2 hours and I weighed myself before and after, and that was from 9am-11:15am.  I can't image how much I would have lost had I cut the grass in the middle of the afternoon.  Now I just gotta drink that much in water today or I'll have a terrible headache tomorrow.

Getting some amazing flushes from my seedling Mango's from the heat and humidity, that's for sure.

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »
OK just finished picking 1000+lbs mango order wet all day .Think I will go to bangkok to cool off

C24mccain

• Lakeland Florida zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 04:30:14 PM »
I'm liking the lack of rain in the last week here in lakeland. We needed to dry out as we've had over 30 inches of rain since June began. That wouldn't be a big deal but we have a high water table here. Our pond went from very low to high. The ground has been completely saturated for a few weeks (all my trees are planted on mounds so they are good) so this is allowing things to dry up which we need as there is still a lot of summer left and only so much room left before the pond gets to the top of the banks. However the heat has beat me down as I was moving lots of mulch this week, at least during the morning hours. Summer was easy up until this week. Seemed rather cool as the clouds would role in and stay cloudy the rest of the day along with lots of rain.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »
I get 6 months of that hot humid weather a year so a wintery day like today of 20c to 27c has people wearing jumpers such is contrast with summer. Darwin in the NT is 33c today and it is mid winter. It is interesting how the timing of the durian and mango ripening gives an indication of just how warm winter through to summer has been in a place. Mangoes ripen in Cairns the last month of spring and the first month of summer typically, in Darwin as early as late winter and into the first half of spring. At Mareeba near me at 400m altitude it is more like mid to late summer due to the milder climate. With durians Darwin has ripe ones in summer, cairns in early to mid autumn and Kurands at 400m late autumn to winter.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk