Author Topic: Too much fruit harms society ?  (Read 7197 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Too much fruit harms society ?
« on: June 27, 2020, 10:30:48 PM »
Moldova,a small country in eastern Europe is known for making high quality vine .They are like number 3 or 4 in the world at best wine making but considering the small size of the country compared to Australia for instance ,you get the idea they are experts.
Unfortunatedly ,this country,Moldova,also has the biggest problem with alcohol consumption in the world and one of 4 deaths are atributed to alcohol.
They grow a lot of fruits and make alcohol from them.
This i see it as a negative side of too much fruit growing and the reason i decided my main crop to be not fruits but nuts ,so that my family,kids,nephews and future generations,can not make alcohool from them.
In a way ,i think Moldova would have been better if they were becoming muslims since muslims dont drink that much and is one of the things i like at them.
https://time.com/5654052/moldova-drinking-problem/

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: Too much fruit harms society ?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 10:42:29 PM »
And a little moldovan joke:
Priest asks moldovan : Why did you contribute with soo little monney to the church fund?
Moldovan: because when i got to church you gave me just a little spoon of vine.

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 12:53:39 AM »
Just wait until the vegans come to raid  your farm, milk your nuts and ferment it into an alcohol!
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 02:19:46 AM »
Moldova,a small country in eastern Europe is known for making high quality vine .They are like number 3 or 4 in the world at best wine making but considering the small size of the country compared to Australia for instance ,you get the idea they are experts.
Unfortunatedly ,this country,Moldova,also has the biggest problem with alcohol consumption in the world and one of 4 deaths are atributed to alcohol.
This i see it as a negative side of too much fruit growing and the reason i decided my main crop to be not fruits but nuts ,so that my family,kids,nephews and future generations,can not make alcohool from them.
In a way ,i think Moldova would have been better if they were becoming muslims since muslims dont drink that much and is one of the things i like at them.
Just wait until the vegans come to raid  your farm, milk your nuts and ferment it into an alcohol!

In my opinion I see this as a preposterous statement.There cannot be such a thing as too much fruit growing as I believe that just like other primates we are a frugivore species. If anything what we see is not enough fruit growing...

What humans choose to do with the fruit shouldn't stigmatize it, take the fruit away and they will just grow potatoes and ferment that, take everything away and they will make toilet wine! Would you then put a stigma on toilets?

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 04:54:12 AM »
Thats why we should have more diversity of fruits that rippen at different times and that are good for eating.
Fruit growing for alcohol is not on my list altough i do have a copper distillery at home ( wich im still dreaming to melt it because i need that copper ).

About raw vegans,i have 2 friends like this,husband and wife.They live in the city and i was soo impressed such people exist that i told them they can visit my farm and take all the fruits they want for free.
But they were not interested in my fruits because they consider i grow non interesting fruits and they also dont look good as the supermarket fruits they eat in the city
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 03:14:38 PM by SeaWalnut »

Pokeweed

• Houston TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 10:39:36 AM »
I take fruit from my various producing plants to work and offer it up. Watching the reaction from people who have only seen perfect supermarket fruit is humorous. They recoil at my fruits with spots and stings etc. The others are happy to eat it. D

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 11:17:23 AM »
Thats why we should have more diversity of fruits that rippen at different times and that are good for eating.
Fruit growing for alcohol is not on my list altough i do have a copper distillery at home ( wich im still dreaming to melt it because i need that copper ).

About raw vegans,i have 2 friends like this,husband and wife.They live in the city and i was soo impressed such people exist that i told them they can cisit my farm and rake all the fruits they want for free.
But they were not interested in my fruits because they consider i grow non interesting fruits and they also dont look good as the supermarket fruits they eat in the city

Now diversity in fruit is something I definitely agree with.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 01:26:10 PM »
Nut milk alcohol is definitely the next big thing.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 02:49:00 PM »
SeaWalnut--- I think you are talking about Slivovitz made from plums? The Romanian equivalent of Slivovitz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slivovitz

So too many plum trees in Romania means too many drunk on Slivovitz. I have never tasted Slivovitz. It is rare in America and always imported. I was curious but it was too expensive. Slivovitz must be dirt cheap in Romania. My guess is one dollar per liter. How much sugar are they adding when they make this?

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 02:53:11 PM »
SeaWalnut--- I think you are talking about Slivovitz made from plums? The Romanian equivalent of Slivovitz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slivovitz

So too many plum trees in Romania means too many drunk on Slivovitz. I have never tasted Slivovitz. It is rare in America and always imported. I was curious but it was too expensive. Slivovitz must be dirt cheap in Romania. My guess is one dollar per liter. How much sugar are they adding when they make this?
The cheapest is 5 dollars per litter.
Usually no sugar is added .But if you want to add sugar ,you get a litter of booze for a kilo of sugar wich is cheap .

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 02:55:57 PM »

I grew up in the biggest Muslim country in the world. Sure we don't drink alcohol. But we have the highest death rate from smoking cigarette. Not to mention kids and young people have lung cancer from second hand smoking.
Cigarette is not 'haram' in the Koran, so if the government try to restrict it, the mulah will rule against it.
Human being will always find ways to destroy themselves.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »
Palingkecil,Turkey and Iran have  much longer life expectancy than Moldova.Alcohol its more destructive than smoking tobacco altough tobacco is bad and it killed more poeple on the planet than all the wars in history put together.

Pokeweed,i was verry offended that the raw vegan friends refused my fruits .But i also offered them to take quince as i have those giant quince in excess.
They are a verry good fruit to eat ,high quality,but can not be eaten raw because when raw they are tough like wood.
Since these friends eat only raw fruits and vegetables,they were not interested in quince for wich cooking its mandatory.

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 06:59:51 PM »
People need to start accepting responsibility and stop placing blame for the insults they place upon themselves.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

Juicebox_J

• USA, Utah, Ogden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 08:56:17 PM »
I think fruit is a great and beautiful thing. I see your concern, though.

I would say that the fruit themselves are not bad. As the fermentation process takes fruit and turns it to alcohol, which you may be against for either religious or strictly health reasons.

I’d say the power is in the knowledge. Teach those in your area around the benefits and good things fruit can bring. Turn it for something to use properly over a removal of it.

Keep in mind it is all up to you. I wish you well!

Budtropicals

• Largest collection in the smallest yard!
    • South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 10:46:07 PM »
Keep in mind everyone that there are other downsides to eating a bunch of fruit if you are all worried about that. I'm talking about eating mostly fruit here, not that eating a lot of fruit in general is bad.

Stuff like veganism is really unhealthy too, so don't get too exited about those kinds of ideas in case thats what you are all talking about.

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 10:50:49 PM »
Keep in mind everyone that there are other downsides to eating a bunch of fruit if you are all worried about that. I'm talking about eating mostly fruit here, not that eating a lot of fruit in general is bad.

Stuff like veganism is really unhealthy too, so don't get too exited about those kinds of ideas in case thats what you are all talking about.

I dont think its fair to describe veganism as "really unhealthy"

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 11:54:34 PM »
Too much fruit harming society?  It must be way down on the list!  Too much of any good thing can be bad.
John

Acetogenin

• USA, Orlando, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 12:32:05 AM »
not sure i follow the logic

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 01:35:40 AM »
They make alcohool from the fruits and 1 in 4 deaths are caused by alcohol there.

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 01:36:33 AM »
In China, Japan, and Korea people make wine from rice, in Bali island they make alcohol drink from pinneapple peel. None of this place has a high death rate from alcohol. So maybe only alcohol from grapes is deathly? Anyway, self control is the key.
I rather people drink than smoke though. Second hand smoker is no fun at all. There is no second hand drinker.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 08:49:44 AM »

I grew up in the biggest Muslim country in the world. Sure we don't drink alcohol. But we have the highest death rate from smoking cigarette. Not to mention kids and young people have lung cancer from second hand smoking.
Cigarette is not 'haram' in the Koran, so if the government try to restrict it, the mulah will rule against it.
Human being will always find ways to destroy themselves.

People need to start accepting responsibility and stop placing blame for the insults they place upon themselves.

Now this is some truth!

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 08:53:43 AM »

Not sure why you think veganism is unhealthy, but I will say eating the fake processed vegan foods definitely is as unhealthy as fake processed foods that aren't vegan. Again, it isn't veganism that is the problem it is the types of food some vegans choose to eat and the choices of what they consume.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2020, 08:58:51 AM »
Palingkecil,Turkey and Iran have  much longer life expectancy than Moldova.Alcohol its more destructive than smoking tobacco altough tobacco is bad and it killed more poeple on the planet than all the wars in history put together.

Pokeweed,i was verry offended that the raw vegan friends refused my fruits .But i also offered them to take quince as i have those giant quince in excess.
They are a verry good fruit to eat ,high quality,but can not be eaten raw because when raw they are tough like wood.
Since these friends eat only raw fruits and vegetables,they were not interested in quince for wich cooking its mandatory.

Don't be offended Walnut, I'm sure if it were raw fruit then they would be happy to accept it as long as it isn't covered in chemicals that is. It's frustrating when people get offended when you don't eat something they offer when you choose to abstain from that particular food or drink. No need to judge, just think about it from their perspective and understand!

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 09:04:47 AM »
not sure i follow the logic
There is none.  Just another silly topic on the forum.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:12:00 AM by johnb51 »
John

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 10:15:39 AM »
Keeps this 72 yr old fruit nut regular as a clock ;D