Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172857 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
No news for now, waiting one more week to send. But the country is reopening many activities.

I updated the list, good stock now

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

I would suggest to buy dry seeds.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
Hi, i saw your new list. How are the pacuri seeds? previously you said they were starting to sprout; so now, are they already sprouting? Will they be able to travel?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, i saw your new list. How are the pacuri seeds? previously you said they were starting to sprout; so now, are they already sprouting? Will they be able to travel?

Yes, I sent some sprouted, but last packages are tacking too much time to fly, so I am waiting for the post office to work properly. For now the safe way is to send dry seeds. I will wait one more week and see.

dxgn

• Singapore
    • View Profile
Is the amerala orange fleshed guava?

Regards,
Jet

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Is the amerala orange fleshed guava?

Regards,
Jet

Hi, no no, the amarela is yellow skin and yellow pulp, to me this is very rare, and tasty

Cuban guava is wonderful too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hy3qQprDUI

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
i went to the post office in the last 2 days and they told me comercial flights will be ok soon. I dont know if I should believe them, but it sounds reasonable.

NateTheGreat

• SF Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
I think one one of the hybrid araca seeds I planted in December 2018 is coming up. I had already given up and used the soil for other plants.

Some of my others from that batch:

Psidium myrtoides:

Eugenia aff. involucrata orange. The new growth on this one is gorgeous.

Eugenia aff. myrcianthes... was growing straight up until this spring

Eugenia involucrata 'Big black', not as pretty as when it has dark red new growth on it:

Plinia rivularis:

Jaboticaba de Posadas (has this one been renamed Lujan?):

Seedling in Guabiroba pot, but I think it's a weed:

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
5 Pereskia scions, 5 germinating pacuri seeds
« Reply #532 on: May 30, 2020, 12:05:33 PM »
Hi, i take this opportunity to remind you of my order. The pacuri seeds must have already sprouted. In that case, you send me little seedlings rather than seeds of pacuri.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: 5 Pereskia scions, 5 germinating pacuri seeds
« Reply #533 on: June 04, 2020, 01:40:51 PM »
Hi, i take this opportunity to remind you of my order. The pacuri seeds must have already sprouted. In that case, you send me little seedlings rather than seeds of pacuri.

Hi, I dont forget yours, I am just waiting form good news from the postal service, in fact, today I received a PM from a customer; I sent his seeds by 28 april to Europe, and he received them today... but the tracking system doesnt show that:

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RR648730875AR

Regards

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

Thanks Nate! I have really enjoyed looking at the photos one by one and I am amazed at the results, I am proud that several endangered species are growing there! Plinia rivularis has been very difficult for me, I congratulate you! take good care of her. Jaboticaba de posadas has that name still, then I got other fruits from Luján, whose mother tree (or grandmother tree) was from Posadas ... so there are many in Posadas ... maybe you should call it Posadas 2018 or with the year where you got them. I think we will discover many more jaboticabas in Posadas. As for the hybrid arazá: it looks like it, but it strikes me that it is so hairy ... similar to ubajay ...
Yes, that guabiroba is a weed, cheers

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
5 Pereskia & 5 pacuri
« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2020, 02:42:32 AM »
Hi! Of all places in the world, South and Central America has the RICHEST variety of useful and eatable plants; congratulations indeed to those who upkeep all that biodiversity.
As to the 5 Pereskia and 5 pacuri, i do NOT complain for any delay; i never complained. Only note, the pacuri seeds are expected to be already seedlings by now, so it is fair to receive pacuri seedlings instead of seeds. Hopefully you agree to send seedlings instead of seeds.

wangyouqin

• china
    • View Profile

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Pereskia & 5 pacuri
« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2020, 09:24:50 AM »
Hi! Of all places in the world, South and Central America has the RICHEST variety of useful and eatable plants; congratulations indeed to those who upkeep all that biodiversity.
As to the 5 Pereskia and 5 pacuri, i do NOT complain for any delay; i never complained. Only note, the pacuri seeds are expected to be already seedlings by now, so it is fair to receive pacuri seedlings instead of seeds. Hopefully you agree to send seedlings instead of seeds.

If it takes this long to get seeds why would you want seedlings shipped?! It isn’t Marcos fault. It’s the post system speed + covid

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
« Reply #538 on: June 06, 2020, 06:38:49 AM »
If it takes this long to get seeds why would you want seedlings shipped?! It isn’t Marcos fault. It’s the post system speed + covid
I never said it is Marco's fault, and i did not blame anybody. For me it is better to get seedlings rather than seeds. Simply waiting. Cheers.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #539 on: June 09, 2020, 01:59:36 PM »

Hi, I sent the package today, with the scions and seeds in perfect condition, cheers

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hello, I highly recommend dry seeds now (Psidium and Annonas), I have the Psidium collection pack (USD 90) that includes several rare species native to the Cuenca del Plata. Also, I have a large number of wild Annonas, araticú, and frost resistant graviolas (Annona montana), very interesting / delicious. Dried seeds are viable for 1 to 2 years and will not have problems due to covid19 delays, beyond the fact that flights are gradually being released and that packages have arrived to Europe, Australia and Asia.

Species:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

NateTheGreat

• SF Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile

Thanks Nate! I have really enjoyed looking at the photos one by one and I am amazed at the results, I am proud that several endangered species are growing there! Plinia rivularis has been very difficult for me, I congratulate you! take good care of her. Jaboticaba de posadas has that name still, then I got other fruits from Luján, whose mother tree (or grandmother tree) was from Posadas ... so there are many in Posadas ... maybe you should call it Posadas 2018 or with the year where you got them. I think we will discover many more jaboticabas in Posadas. As for the hybrid arazá: it looks like it, but it strikes me that it is so hairy ... similar to ubajay ...
Yes, that guabiroba is a weed, cheers

Thanks Marcos. You are right. I moved it to its own pot and it had a big seed, so it is ubajay. Nothing wrong with one more ubajay!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Amazing stock on rare Annonas

* Araticú #1, smaller

* Araticú #2, bigger

* Araticú #3, elongated

* Araticú 4, Rougher skin, (new)

* Big Araticú Eldorado

* Araticú da praia (Annona parviflora)

* Graviola de montańa, Colonia Delicia, 885 gr, (new)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Good news, one fruit of Jua-açú ripened out of the tree and now I have stock! Original seeds from Helton, it takes 2 years to fruit. Fantastic taste!

Video from Helton and Tiago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ENJpQbBs0

Prices:

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
Good news, one fruit of Jua-açú ripened out of the tree and now I have stock! Original seeds from Helton, it takes 2 years to fruit. Fantastic taste!

Prices:
Hi! Did you eat them? How is the flavour? My tree is flowering now...

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

Prices:
Hi! Did you eat them? How is the flavour? My tree is flowering now...

Yes, but the fruit ripened out of the tree for 1 month, so not perfect shape, I am waiting for the others in these weeks. They are super tasty