Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172803 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Example:

3 Jaboticaba de Posadas USD 9
3 Plinia rivularis USD 11
3 Jaboticaba de Campo Ramón USD 12
3 Plinia jaboticaba var. sabará USD 6
3 ORANGE Eugenia aff. involucrata  USD 12
3 Sweet Ubajay USD 9
3 Sweet Ubajaymi USD 10
3 Yellow/Orange Acerola (Malpighia emarginata) USD 8

Total in seeds USD 77 - 20% discount = USD 62
Shipping cost for +20 gr package USD 23
Total USD 85

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Harvesting Ubajay! Yellow fruits are unripe and unpleasant, but orange fruits are ripe and I like them raw! They do excelent icecreams, mermelades, chutneys, etc.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Today I sent 2 packages; I am still having all the published species and will have guaviyú & uvaia in 1 month or so, Eugenia repanda in 2 months, then Annona parviflora and all the rare tasty Psidiums.

Solko

• Zone 8b-9a
    • Europe
    • View Profile
    • Visual Art
Nice harvest, Marcos! I received all the seeds in excellent condition and very well packed last week. Thank you very much and good growing!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Nice harvest, Marcos! I received all the seeds in excellent condition and very well packed last week. Thank you very much and good growing!

I am so happy to know it! Very thanks, in any doubt, just tell me.

Cheers

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: Selling (20% discount): guabiju!, Plinia rivularis, jaboticaba, guabiroba!
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2019, 05:02:17 AM »

new!

*  guabiju (Myrcianthes pungens)

5 seeds USD 16
10 seeds USD 30
20 seeds USD 58
40 seeds USD 110

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2019, 07:51:32 PM »
First sweet uvaias (Eugenia pyriformis); I will have just a few...

Cedar bay cherries are ripe now:

Cedar Bay cherry (Eugenia reinwardtiana), Australian fruit, that bears in about 2 years from seed. A very tasty berry (similar to plums). Climate: tropical and subtropical. It produces fruits for 5 or 6 months and can be grown very well in pots!

5 seeds --> 8 USD
10 seeds --> 14 USD

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2019, 02:35:22 PM »
Adding a new species!

* Chañar (Geoffroea decorticans).

5 seeds USD 14
10 seeds USD 26
20 seeds USD 50
40 seeds USD 90

Today I tasted the fruit for the first time in my life and it reminded me of the taste of sunflower: something I would not expect in a fruit, very sweet and with a pasty texture. We have two mother trees in the nursery that have not yet given their wonderful yellow flowers.
It is a native fruit of Argentina, Paraguay, Chile, Bolivia and Uruguay, inhabits the arid forests in a wide area of the center-south of South America. It grows in USDA climatic zones 8b to 10, and supports short frosts as low as -13 ° C. The latter is the historical minimum temperature for Santiago del Estero, Argentina, where G. decorticans occurs naturally. It adapts to desert conditions and can withstand temperatures above 40 ° C.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
* Sweet Uvaia (Eugenia pyriformis) Climate: tropical and subtropical, 3 to 4cm diameter, Nice perfume and taste, juicy and sweet (12º Brix). Good to eat raw or to make juice, mermelades, icecreams, jams, etc., ONLY 30 SEEDS IN STOCK, max order 5 seeds per customer.

5 seeds  USD 18

* Acid Uvaia (Eugenia sp.) Climate: tropical and subtropical, 3 to 4cm diameter, rough skin pear shaped fruits, The perfume of the flowers is one of the best I know (along with citrus flowers and sete capotes), only good for mermelades, icecreams, jams, etc., not raw. ONLY 5 SEEDS IN STOCK

5 seeds  USD 11

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
* Sweet Uvaia (Eugenia pyriformis) Climate: tropical and subtropical, 3 to 4cm diameter, Nice perfume and taste, juicy and sweet (12º Brix). Good to eat raw or to make juice, mermelades, icecreams, jams, etc., ONLY 30 SEEDS IN STOCK, max order 5 seeds per customer.

5 seeds  USD 18

* Acid Uvaia (Eugenia sp.) Climate: tropical and subtropical, 3 to 4cm diameter, rough skin pear shaped fruits, The perfume of the flowers is one of the best I know (along with citrus flowers and sete capotes), only good for mermelades, icecreams, jams, etc., not raw. ONLY 5 SEEDS IN STOCK

5 seeds  USD 11

Hi Marcos, question I am little confused by this variety if you don't mind clarifying for me, as I understand Uvaia is Eugenia lutescens and Eugenia pyriformis is known as Uvalha . Is this not correct assumption?

Thanks

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

5 seeds  USD 18

5 seeds  USD 11

Hi Marcos, question I am little confused by this variety if you don't mind clarifying for me, as I understand Uvaia is Eugenia lutescens and Eugenia pyriformis is known as Uvalha . Is this not correct assumption?

Thanks

Hi, I dont know, I call them uvaia and we dont know if it is lutescens or pyriformis, there are a lot of variations...

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Today I sent many packages

I would just sow them in a good moist soil and wait 20 to 90 days for them to sprout (64ºF to 86ºF, 18ºC to 30ºC), in the shade; no summer sun when small, good water if possible (rain, acid), or without chlorine; use acid soil with sphagnum moss or river peat with nice forest leaves or so, garden soil, something that drains well like perlite or vermiculite, some organic matter ... I would later add manure, not when I sow.

For jaboticabas, eugenias, campomanesias, psidium, etc. (rainforest species):
Be very careful with the direct sun in summer or when it is very hot, get accustomed to the shade and never lack water. They could take full sun when taller than 2 feet or 60cm or so, before that, use morning sun or half shade (not too hot from the afternoon heat). Psidium and Campomanesias would support more sun, but take care: if they dont like your soil and/or dont have enought watering, they will suffer with hot sun.

Chañar is from dry to humid climate (It grows in grassland where it has no trees above it and can live isolated.), it can live with 700mm to 1500mm of anual rain. I dont have much experience sprouting them but I remember they can take 1 month or more. They can take more sun than the others. Some people say “most of fabaceae family plant seeds need soaking in warm water for 12-24 hours. The germinating time will be shorter with this method.”

Good luck!

Cheers

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Fruits ripening now!:

* Black Eugenia Repanda. Climate: tropical and subtropical. This small and hardy bush likes shade and bears small cherry like (acid and sweet) fruits, it could be in full sun, semi shaded spot or full shade: it will fruit anywhere. Frost resistance: -6ºC. I have a very rare variety: ripe fruits are almost black! Normally, Eugenia repanda use to be red.

5 seeds USD 14,
10 seeds USD 26
20 seeds USD 48
40 seeds USD 92

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: Selling: Eugenia repanda, Chañar,Guabiju, Guaporeti, Jaboticaba, Guabiroba
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2019, 11:05:05 AM »
* Cambuizinho vermello (Myrcia selloi). Very rare species from the Myrtaceae family, native to Brasil, Argentina and Paraguay. Very sweet taste, spicy in the end. Excellent beekeeping plant, it likes full sun and it can grown for many years in pots.

5 seeds USD 14,
10 seeds USD 26
20 seeds USD 48
40 seeds USD 92

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2019, 06:16:17 PM »
* Anacahuita (Blepharocalyx salicifolius) (march 2019), Small fruits, taste is sweet menthol. Climate: subtropical

5 seeds (USD 10 )
10 seeds (USD 18 )
20 seeds (USD 34 )
40 seeds (USD 66 )

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2019, 10:14:35 PM »
Today I sent 4 packages.

I would just sow them in a good moist soil and wait 20 to 90 days for them to sprout (64ºF to 86ºF, 18ºC to 30ºC), in the shade; no summer sun when small, good water if possible (rain, acid), or without chlorine; use acid soil with sphagnum moss or river peat with nice forest leaves or so, garden soil, something that drains well like perlite or vermiculite, some organic matter ... I would later add manure, not when I sow.

For jaboticabas, eugenias, campomanesias, psidium, etc. (rainforest species):
Be very careful with the direct sun in summer or when it is very hot, get accustomed to the shade and never lack water. They could take full sun when taller than 2 feet or 60cm or so, before that, use morning sun or half shade (not too hot from the afternoon heat). Psidium and Campomanesias would support more sun, but take care: if they dont like your soil and/or dont have enought watering, they will suffer with more sun.

Chañar is from dry to humid climate (It grows in grassland where it has no trees above it and can live isolated.), it can live with 700mm to 1500mm of anual rain. I dont have much experience sprouting them but I remember they can take 1 month or more. They can take more sun than the others. Some people say “most of fabaceae family plant seeds need soaking in warm water for 12-24 hours. The germinating time will be shorter with this method.”

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2019, 02:09:30 PM »
I have just a few Piquillín de las sierras seeds, Condalia microphylla

Very sweet taste, it grows near to chañar.

5 seeds USD 15
7 seeds USD 20

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2019, 08:18:14 PM »
At Argentina there are some people using our native fruits to make jams, vinegar and other products, for instance these ones that I got today:

Arrope de Chañar
Mermeladas de: jaboticaba, guabiroba, cerella y pitanga.

I will open them soon and report, for now I tasted just the Chañar arrope, very sweet and nice smoked taste, it would be good with salty foods or desserts