Author Topic: Old gardenweb  (Read 1281 times)

Laaz

• Charleston, SC 9a
    • View Profile
    • Citrusgrowers forum
Old gardenweb
« on: May 05, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »
I was just scrolling through some of the old gardenweb forum. My god what a zoo it was back when we posted there.  ;D ;D ;D

Millet I think Toni had a crush on you...  :o

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
Re: Old gardenweb
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 12:24:55 PM »
Laaz, what about your old Citrus Forum up, that one was more enjoyable to read. I personally like a dedicated forum better. I do remember a lot of friends I have delt with.

Laaz

• Charleston, SC 9a
    • View Profile
    • Citrusgrowers forum
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 01:19:03 PM »
Forumup went out of business. It was great because it was totally free. Yes I made a lot of great friends there & am still in contact with many. Syvain saved what content he could & it is still available in "Read only" format. Most of the photos where on the old imageshack site which also lost most of it's content. For anyone that wants to read through the forum, it is here.   http://citrusgrowersstatic.chez.com/web/indexc4ff.php
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 01:25:30 PM by Laaz »

Laaz

• Charleston, SC 9a
    • View Profile
    • Citrusgrowers forum

tve

• Santa Barbara, CA
    • View Profile
    • Intro post
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 12:31:29 AM »
The static old citrus forum site is awesome! The gardenweb -> houzz transition not so much... While we're on that topic, I'm new here and have been wondering about the future. Who pays for this forum and who manages backups? I.e., what are the chances someone will need to set-up a static archive copy of this forum in 5 years time? I tried to find an answer but I don't see anything mentioned anywhere...