Author Topic: Overhead irrigation system critiques please  (Read 709 times)

Alejandro45

• Palm Beach FL, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Overhead irrigation system critiques please
« on: August 18, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »
Hello everyone. I made a on the fly sprinkler line for my plants and I want to know what everyone thinks. Brutal honesty is much appreciated!

I used 3/4 pvc. I connected it to a hose roll in case I want to move it. I used a sprinkler head and a swivel base then attached it to a male end with a smooth base. over all I am pleased because this is my first real build but definitely could use improvement. I already noticed the sprinkler heads suck! Stream is too narrow and mist is too fine resulting in a lot of water loss. Although my lizards seems to really enjoy the raining!

Does anyone see anything that needs to be addressed or improved upon? would the pressure be greater with 1/2 inch pvc? 

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
Re: Overhead irrigation system critiques please
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 01:19:04 PM »
Ive never found a sprinkler that didnt suck.  I gave up and bought a bunch of really cheap oscillating sprinklers and I just replace them when they stop working.  They usually last a year.

Victoria Ave

• Riverside CA zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Overhead irrigation system critiques please
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 01:56:54 PM »
If you are getting misting then your pressure is too high. Either replace the sprinklers with pressure regulating bodies or figure out your psi loss from the system, what the optimal pressure for the heads you have on there are and attach a regulator at the hose end.