Author Topic: Growing cherimoya in France  (Read 4925 times)

Benoit30

• France (Nīmes) zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Acclimatons
Re: Growing cherimoya in France
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2019, 05:15:53 AM »
cherimoya should do fine in poor soil and hot weather. In fact I have a few seedlings that are grown in pure desert soil.

As for Avocado, it does not do well in hot weather but, It can be grown in a little bit of shade.
Incredible !!! I 'm very surprised, shade must be very helpful.
Acclimating white sapote, avocado, mango, cherimoya in marginal zone 9 climate. https://acclimatons.com/

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2019, 06:16:02 AM »
Check the ph because that wall its made of calcareous stone .Even if they are tolerant of alkaline conditions ,the alkalinity near that wall might be too much for them especially after a rainy season because the rain water draws CO2 from air and becomes slightly acid and then it dissolves a little of that wall .
So I have just bought a PH meter it indicates 6.0. What do you think ?

Benoit,that ph meter its a joke and not acurate.It would be impossible to have even 7 near that limestone wall.
I hope you didnt spend too much on that ph meter and better find somme Litmus paper to measure the ph.
If you want a ph meter and not Litmus paper,there are accurate ph meters ,the ones that have the probe made of glass .Chinese make one with glass probe for about 10-15 dollars on Ebay ,but its for water.
I mannaged to modify it to expose the electrode more so i can stick it in wet soil and it works great.
This is a good ph meter.You can see it has a glass probe and costs about 900 australian dollars.https://hannainst.com.au/hi99121-ph-meter-for-direct-soil-measurement.html
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:23:22 AM by SeaWalnut »

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 01:05:39 PM »
I have never tried to grow cherimoya before. I thought they would not do well in Desert climate and poor soil, But once you give them Micro nutrients and Potassium , they should do well. I believe the lack of Micro nutrients in your soil is the problem.

Here is a couple of Fino de Jete cherimoya seedlings, they are about two months old.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:08:48 PM by EvilFruit »
Moh'd