Author Topic: Advice for one last mango tree  (Read 8273 times)

MangoMan2

• East Central Brevard County. 9a
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for one last mango tree
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 01:29:29 PM »
PPK is awesome!

What does PPK stand for?

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 01:31:48 PM »
Po Pyu Kalay.

AKA Lemon Meringue.    8)

mangomongo

• MERRITT ISLAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »
Just had a tree ripe PPK last night. Any sweeter and it would be too sweet for my taste. Makes me wander if I should plant my Cotton Candy or keep it in a pot until I can try one?

Po Pyu Kalay.

AKA Lemon Meringue.    8)

beefyboy

• united states, florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »
Hey MangoMongo!  It is funny that you wrote what you did about Cotton Candy maybe being to sweet. I have decided to pull out my Cotton Candy now and replacing it with Honey Kiss. I think the extended season of HK is another reason besides the fact that over the top sweetness is something that could be too much. I already have Phoenix and I pray that it is not over the top sickening sweet either. Some of these mangoes that are bred with Gary seem to be a bit too much in my opinion. Sometimes I like just a good Keitt to get away from all the damn sweetness. I will never pull my Keitt, I am realizing now it is a workhorse and never stops in a somewhat small tree package.

Fig-Doctor

• Florida West Palm Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 10:33:47 PM »
If you like complex and very very sweet mango then choose Dot, Lemon zest, Coco cream, Sweet tart. You will not regret it. All of them, Just amazing for me. I personally like Carrie also for the same reason. But if you don’t like too sweet but just sweet enough (sweeter then Glenn) then Maha, Fair child, Angie. Keitt is also optional. I personally like extremly sweet and complex flavor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk