Author Topic: What's the best book on Grafting? Particularly grafting fruit trees.  (Read 1117 times)

manders

• West Palm Beach
    • View Profile
I'm looking to give to a friend and was wondering, what is the best book on grafting?

Anolis

• Florida 8b
    • View Profile
Re: What's the best book on Grafting? Particularly grafting fruit trees.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 05:31:58 PM »
Honesty...I think YouTube is the best teacher for grafting. (at least for visual people like me.)

I only have one book, and it covers multiple means of propagation. It’s by: The American Horticultural Society “Plant Propagation.” I’ve found it to be pretty useful.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 08:28:44 PM »
Honesty...I think YouTube is the best teacher for grafting. (at least for visual people like me.)

I only have one book, and it covers multiple means of propagation. It’s by: The American Horticultural Society “Plant Propagation.” I’ve found it to be pretty useful.

I have that book as well. It's pretty good. I agree though that videos or in person demonstrations are the best way to learn to graft. That and a lot of practice.

Heres a link to buy a carambola grafting DVD: http://www.quisqualis.com/CarambolaGraft.html

CRFG also made a grafting DVD a few years ago. I am not sure if it's still available though.

ricshaw

• USA, Southern California, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • ricshaw805 YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 01:43:41 AM »
I'm looking to give to a friend and was wondering, what is the best book on grafting?

The best book may be a DVD the Orange County Chapter of CRFG created called "Techniques of Grafting".
Available here --> https://ocfruit.com/Media.php

I too use and recommend YouTube for grafting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk