Author Topic: Scotch Bonnet Peppers needed  (Read 1616 times)

Geppo

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
Scotch Bonnet Peppers needed
« on: January 06, 2020, 08:10:15 PM »
I am looking to purchase fresh Scotch Bonnet Peppers. Can anyone recommend somewhere in South Florida or online that I can purchase these for a reasonable price?

Wicked Mike

• USA, Florida, Miami, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch Bonnet Peppers needed
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 05:13:34 PM »
Hi there. I’m the grower at Galloway Farm Nursery, down in Miami. It sounds like you’re looking for fresh pods, which unfortunately isn’t something we sell. However, if you have any interest in growing your own (which will cost you less than even the most reasonably priced pods), I will have something available in maybe two weeks that might be right up your alley.

Whenever I would do plant shows or speaking engagements, I’d inevitably have a Jamaican come up and start raving about the Scotch Bonnet. How it wasn’t just hot, but aromatic and flavorful. And I never got what they were going on about.

Well, that’s because I was used to what the grocery stores here in the States pass off as a Scotch Bonnet. Then, I sourced the Ministry of Agriculture Scotch Bonnet; they’re like Jamaica’s version of the USDA. I grew them out, and well...let’s just say I understand now what the Jamaicans are talking about.

We also have several other interesting varieties. My collection is up to more than 2,000 varieties from all over the world (although, needless to say, I’m not growing them all at the same time!). We also have quite a few of the more rare and unusual fruit trees.

If this sounds like something that interests you, I’m there Monday through Thursday (and occasionally Friday or Saturday) from 9 to 5. Name’s Mike; feel free to ask for me.

Geppo

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch Bonnet Peppers needed
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »
Thanks a lot. I will be in touch