Author Topic: The Mystery of the “Himsagar” mango in Florida. Also, EBAY MANGO FRAUD EXPOSED!  (Read 23495 times)

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
Seems like same Ebay seller is back with Pakistani mango varieties

Is it still old scam or this time able to secure right budwood ?

Beware, there is no cultivar called Chuansa or Anwar Ratol in Pakistan. If he really know what he is doing, he will write the correct name of the cultivar. I mean there is three types of Chaunsa in Pakistan, Kala (black), Safuid(white) and SamarBashit Chaunsa. As for Anwar Ratol,it is the same story, it is not a single cultivar.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:12:56 PM by EvilFruit »
Moh'd

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
I am glad this post exists. I was looking at FFF old item on ebay and I
pressed similar items thinking I might see some other  rare jabos. Instead guavakings
ad came up for Chuansa mango. I looked at his other items for sale and noticed
all of them say the world's best mango? I sent him a reply and asked how 5 different
mangos are all listed as the best? Only one can be the best right? I also asked him if
he sells scions? He replied and said no to scions and some BS about the best mango and
left me an option to make an offer?  I also asked him which Indian mango would do the
best in Florida and he said Florida is the only place in the US you can grow mangos.
ANYWAY thanks guys for the heads up Guavaking is still taking offers

DuncanYoung

• Eating Edward Mangos for over 67 years!
    • USA, Florida, West Palm Beach, 33405, 10b
    • View Profile
Yep!  Same Fraud!  Don’t do business with this ah!

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
darn! I wish I read this before I placed the order. I sent him email to cancel, he shipped it the next day! But I still can call my credit card to dispute this transaction based on fraud / false advertisement.
Good thing I used chase CC, the best customer service ever.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
Hard to believe you folks who wasted money and years on this guy didn't run him out of town yet.

FloridaBoy

• South Florida
    • View Profile
I dont know about this because Viceland just did a whole article along with a lot of reading Ive recently done looking for new High Brix varieties and it seems like yes there are different Chaunsa varieties but its more about where they actually come from.  Im sure there are tons of varieties and no control over whats what since the US isnt involved (no offense please) and a lot can be seedlings of the original Chaunsa. 

With that being said I should have about 8 boxes total of Chaunsa and Anwar Ratol tomorrow.   I will post a picture on here and hopefully it will shed some light on whats really going on.  I will also post some taste test and see if I can get another forum member whos agreed to buy some once I have them in hand, to post their opinion on them. 

Im happy to have joined this forum because all you have to do is type in a variety youre interested in the search bar and you can see all thats been spoken of within this industry about it.  Really cool to be honest.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
I dont know about this because Viceland just did a whole article along with a lot of reading Ive recently done looking for new High Brix varieties and it seems like yes there are different Chaunsa varieties but its more about where they actually come from.  Im sure there are tons of varieties and no control over whats what since the US isnt involved (no offense please) and a lot can be seedlings of the original Chaunsa. 

With that being said I should have about 8 boxes total of Chaunsa and Anwar Ratol tomorrow.   I will post a picture on here and hopefully it will shed some light on whats really going on.  I will also post some taste test and see if I can get another forum member whos agreed to buy some once I have them in hand, to post their opinion on them. 

Im happy to have joined this forum because all you have to do is type in a variety youre interested in the search bar and you can see all thats been spoken of within this industry about it.  Really cool to be honest.

That Vice article is garbage.

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
Really appreciate your due diligence here

This post needed to permanent post for sometime on this forum , to make sure that rest of forum read it 

Hopefully from now on, no one will be deceived by him

I filled a complained on PayPal , will let you know of any outcome
One of our youtube followers asked me a question about this person which brought me to this topic... all these exposures
yet he's still selling on eBay with a 100% positive feedback.... :-\ and 5-star "accurate description"... https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/guavaking?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER,period:All&page_id=5&limit=25
Did anyone take any action since 2019?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:49:00 AM by Satya »

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
really wonder about online reviews. seems the bad ones must be filtered out somehow.