Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172720 times)

Laaz

• Charleston, SC 9a
    • View Profile
    • Citrusgrowers forum
Seeds arrived Saturday. Thank You.

KarenRei

• Arctic Member
    • Reykjavík, Iceland
    • View Profile
Seeds arrived today.  Customs never even sent me a letter; that was nice of them  ;)  Since these aren't ultratropicals, the time it took them to get here shouldn't be a problem; the P. guineense and P. guineense x grandifolium are in germination containers, and the A. araucana are soaking in water for a day with plans to plant directly in sandy / gravely soil.  If you have any specific tips you feel like sending my way, just let me know  :)
Já, ég er að rækta suðrænar plöntur á Íslandi. Nei, ég er ekki klikkuð. Jæja, kannski...

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Very thanks for reporting! I will write later;

For now, I am adding, surprise species...

* Sweet Ubajay (Eugenia aff. myrcianthes)  Very rare species! The common ubajay (Eugenia myrcianthes) is acid. Frost resistance: -9º C or so.

5 seeds USD 16
10 seeds USD 30
20 seeds USD 58
40 seeds USD 110

* Guabiroba (Campomanesia xanthocarpa) Fruits are sweet with a citrusy taste, very good. Frost resistance: -6ºC. You can make an anticholesterol tea with its nice smelling leaves. Very nice flower perfume.

In the pict: red acerolas and guabiroba

5 seeds USD 14
10 seeds USD 24
20 seeds USD 44
40 seeds USD 84

* Acerola (Malpighia emarginata)  Sweet taste, tropical, frost resistance -2ºC. Very high vitamin C!

5 seeds, 12 USD
10 seeds, 21 USD
20 seeds, 40 USD
40 seeds, 72 USD

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Adding new native jaboticaba!

* Jaboticaba de Posadas (Plinia sp.). Sweet fruits. Better photos of fruits and leaves, soon. This species resist at least -5º or -6ºC frosts (21º F).

5 seeds USD 16
10  seeds USD 30
12  seeds USD 37
20  seeds USD 56
30  seeds USD 80
40  seeds USD 105
80  seeds USD 180
100 seeds USD 200

abimael777

• USA Puerto Rico plant zone 12
    • View Profile
I received on Monday the seeds of Orange Rio Grande and some of Plinia. Best of all, it took only 12 days. They were sent on October 25 and arrived on Monday, November 5, a pretty fast shipment.
Thanks Marcos.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Thanks for reporting! Now I have the jaboticaba do cerrado fruits on my hands (ultra rare myrciaria sp. from Paraguay and Mato Grosso do Sul border), they are tasty with a multifruit soft flavour (peach, banana, orange, apple, jaboticaba, guaviyu tones), not acid. I have acerola and native jaboticaba too (I tastes and looks similar to Sabará, small leaves) and the rest of the seeds I was waiting for! I will be shipping in the next days/week

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Orange Eugenia aff. involucrata, 100% germination power!

I have another batch, recently harvested, preserved in wet vermiculite at low temps.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
NOTE: the collector sent me these seeds telling me that they were from the ultra rare Myrciaria sp. from Paraguay (I have some trees from that species but not fruiting yet!), but in fact the seeds are from Plinia rivularis, a rare but known species.

* Guaporetí (Plinia rivularis) Fruit is sweet and not acid, similar to guabiju in that regard, the dark brown skin is tasty similar to jaboticaba but not acid, and the pulp taste like guabiju and multifruit juice (banana, orange, apple, peach, jaboticaba), it has a personal taste, very good. One seed per fruit, rarely two. Frost resistance: -6º C, very hardy species.

On stock

2 seeds USD 9
5 seeds USD 18
10  seeds USD 32
25  seeds USD 76
50  seeds USD 150
100 seeds USD 280

I am accepting payments now.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Sweet Ubajay by Friday 23

New species: yellow/orange acerola!

* Yellow/Orange Acerola (Malpighia emarginata)  Sweet & acid taste, tropical, frost resistance -2ºC. Very high vitamin C!  Wet seeds in vermiculite.

5 seeds, 14 USD
10 seeds, 23 USD
20 seeds, 42 USD
40 seeds, 78 USD

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

I had the opportunity to taste guabiroba in a good state of maturation and I loved its flavor: sweet, almost no acid, particular (when they are overripe they remind me a bit of tropical guava), with a pleasant perfume that reminded uvaia (when there are many fruits together); I recommend avoiding chewing the seeds because they are VERY spicy. I think we'll make delicious ice cream with its pulp!

Selling seeds now.

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Got the seeds very shortly after shipping.  Marcos is the man!
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Got the seeds very shortly after shipping.  Marcos is the man!

Thanks for reporting and good luck with them!

100% germination on Orange eugenias so far, 3 days since planting and already all shooting
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

bestinjose

• India, Kerala, Ernakulam
    • View Profile
Is the Orange Eugenia identified already? Is it Eugenia Luschnathiana?

Ataman

• I'm fruit lover. I try to grow every type of fruit
    • Hungary, Zone 6b
    • View Profile
No. E.luschathiana is different. I Think yellow rio Grande is a subspecies of common Rio Grande cherry.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

Hi, no, we just dont know what it is but it is aff. involucrata.

Adding new species or variety:

* On stock! Sweet "Ubajaymi" (Eugenia myrcianthes) Very Rare species! The common ubajay is bigger and more acid. Frost resistance: -9º C or so. Wet seeds in vermiculite. Fruits 3cm diameter. Total stock: 87 seeds (26 Nov.)

5 seeds USD 16
10 seeds USD 30
20 seeds USD 58
40 seeds USD 110

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I sent many packages yesterday and today

About growing Plinias, Campomanesias, Eugenias and Myrciarias from Misiones (Atlantic Forest):

I would just sow them in a good moist soil and wait 20 to 90 days for them to sprout (64ºF to 86ºF, 18ºC to 30ºC), in the shade; no summer sun when small, good water if possible (rain, acid), or without chlorine; use acid soil with sphagnum moss or river peat with nice forest leaves or so, garden soil, something that drains well like perlite or vermiculite, some organic matter ... I would later add manure, not when I sow. Be very careful with the direct sun in summer or when it is very hot, get accustomed to the shade and never lack water. They could take full sun when taller than 2 feet or 60cm or so, before that, use morning sun or half shade (not too hot from the afternoon heat). Campomanesias and Psidium would support more sun, but take care.

I hope you can grow them well.

Cheers

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Special offer for wet seeds spring collection pack: 32% discount with free shipping!

10 Jaboticaba de Campo Ramón (Plinia sp.), USD 34
10 guabiroba USD 24
10 Guaporeti (Plinia rivularis) , USD 36
10 Sweet Ubajaymi (Eugenia aff myrcianthes), USD 30
10 Sweet Ubajay (Eugenia myrcianthes) USD 30
10 Yellow acerola USD 23
5 Red Acerola USD 12,
5 obera big black pitanga USD 10,
5 jaboticaba de posadas USD 14,
5 jaboticaba sabara USD 8,

Total in seeds USD 221 - 20% discount = USD 177 final with free shipping and tracking number. (In this example you save USD 84 because you dont pay USD 40 shipping cost for +150 gr packages. Normal price would be USD 261. 32% total discount)

NateTheGreat

• SF Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
Could you explain the difference between Sweet Ubajay (Eugenia myrcianthes) and the new Sweet Ubajaymi (Eugenia aff myrcianthes)? The only thing I could find was that E. pyriformis is sometimes called Ubajay mi, but I think you use uvaia for that species.

Also I got the tracking number from you, but what company is the carrier?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Could you explain the difference between Sweet Ubajay (Eugenia myrcianthes) and the new Sweet Ubajaymi (Eugenia aff myrcianthes)? The only thing I could find was that E. pyriformis is sometimes called Ubajay mi, but I think you use uvaia for that species.

Also I got the tracking number from you, but what company is the carrier?

Hi, it is an international mail, the tracking number should work for any mail service worldwide. I sent them by "Correo Argentino", our official state mail post office.

About Ubajaymi, the collector said it is sweeter  and smaller than sweet Ubajay, it is not uvaia.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Adding this tasty surinam cherries:

* Junin black pitanga 2 cm diam. (Eugenia uniflora) ; taste is strong, very sweet and a bit acid, from Junín, Argentina, one of  the best Eugenia uniflora to me. On stock!

5 seeds, 10 USD
10 seeds, 19 USD
20 seeds, 37 USD
40 seeds, 62 USD
50 seeds, 72 USD

* Junin red pitanga 2 cm diam. (Eugenia uniflora) ; taste is very sweet, from Junín, Argentina, one of  the best Eugenia uniflora to me. On stock!

5 seeds, 8 USD
10 seeds, 15 USD
20 seeds, 28 USD
40 seeds, 54 USD
50 seeds, 65 USD